"Life is lived forward, but understood backward. It is not until we are down the road and we stand on the mountain looking back through the valley that we can appreciate the terrain God has allowed us to scale.” Jill Savage

Friday, April 05, 2024

APRIL 5 - Grandpa and Grandson - A Tribute to my husband for Grandson's birthday.

I want to wish my grandson a happy birthday!  APRIL 5th. 

HAPPY 23rd BIRTHDAY GRANDSON - YOU HAVE DONE A GREAT JOB OF GROWING UP! 

I AM SO VERY, VERY PROUD OF THE MAN YOU HAVE BECOME.

I also wanted to write a tribute to the man I will be married to   - 50 years May 11.

I put these two events/people together because these two are crazy about each other.



Your famous moose handshake.

They always have been.  I have to just mention that the grandson's father has not been around as much as he could have or should have and he didn't do a whole lot, but Grandson had his grandpa who stood in his place.

Grandson came to live with us almost immediately - with his mother of course - who has been the best single mom I have ever known.  But as everyone knows - (I think) - the father seems to be the important one - maybe it's that way more for a son.

But grandpa - was there for him since the minute he was born.  We were both there to see him take his first breathe and hopefully he will be around when we take ours.

Anyhow - grandpa - even though he was working when grandson was born - went to every single event in his life.  Now his mom and I did too, but there was one grandpa, and he was there no matter what.  I guess he did it as a choice where his mom (and I did) because that is what moms do.  

I know my grandson has always known that - likes moms' kind of have to come, but dads coming - was a gift.  Grandpa was grandson's grace.

In a lot of ways - most ways - he was another son to us.  I have a great son - don't get me wrong - but grandson just felt like another one.  He was here 24/7 for 21 years.  I have been blessed with my children and grands.  Another grandson lives in Ohio. ☺

I quit my job when my grandson was born to take care of him and help his mom to be able to keep her job to be able to raise him comfortably.   

I did a lot with him!!!   I drove him to and from school for years.  Took him to Cho Kwang Do - he is a second degree blackbelt!  A lot of outside programs for years.  I did so many things with him I can't list them all.  I was room grandma all though elementary school.  Tutor.  ETC.  

We were the four Musketeers.   We lived that way until he grew up, graduated, got a job, and moved out.  Now of course he is married to a wonderful gal.

This is the circle of life and I know he will be a great dad one day to his kids. 

But how did this all happen in the blink of an eye?




Birth
Bringing him home from hospital
Holidays
Vacations
Birthdays
First Day of school - each grade
Homework
School Projects
Camping
Choi Kwang Do Lessons
Baptism
School Events
Adventure Parks
Family Events
Birthday Parties
Zoos
Safari's
Weddings 
Sky Diving
Escape Rooms
Model Planes
Made Halloween costumes for him
Taught him how to drive
Helped him with math and accounting as a tutor
First car
Proms
Elementary Graduation
Middle School Graduation
High School Graduation
College Graduation
Homecomings
Sports and all track meets
Wisdom teeth out and all illnesses
Played outside with him
Always had his friends over - we were the "cool aide house"


HE SAID HE WAS GOING TO NAME HIS FIRST SON AFTER HIS GRANDPA - that is going to be a surprise for grandpa!!!!
















Was there to take care of grandson in his need.

Grandson was there when his grandpa was in need.



College graduation.
His other grandfather has since past away.

Trip to Hawaii.



Engagement party

Fitting the "Best Man's Tux"

Best Man





Okay so we are ready for some more memories and pray God gives us time - hopefully to see a great grandchild or two - when the two are ready of course.  LOL

Funny thing is - we always tell grandpa to get in the picture with grandson - it looks like his mom, and I were never there - but rest assured we were there all the time as well.
We took the photos!



CHATTY CRONE


17 comments:

MadSnapper said...

Happy Birthday and Happy Anniversary! All of you are blessed to have each other. And your grandson did have the dad he needed, the word dad is just a name, GRAND Dad is even better.. and they had a grand time together.

Granny Annie said...

Happy everything for the guys and happy proud days to you. These saved photos tell the story. You are a pretty good grandmother.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Happy Birthday to your grandson and that was a great tribute to your husband. The pictures showing them are great too!

Mevely317 said...

What a beauty-full testimony, Sandie! (IMHO) Your heartfelt words and these photographs need put in a book. I just love his hair and can't believe how time flies. My DIL always says, time is a thief. Happy birthday blessings!

Prims By The Water said...

What a wonderful and loving tribute for your husband and grandson. Enjoyed reading this post. Janice

Ginny Hartzler said...

These two men of yours are gorgeous, and so kindhearted!! Happy Birthday to your husband! He is so special! I remember when your grandson got his black belt! And where is your daughter now? Is she still living with you? Are you keeping yourself busy?

Chez Cheri said...

Happy Birthday to your grandson and Happy 50th to you both. What milestones you have had.

Sparky said...

Happy Birthday and Happy Anniversary! Such wonderful memories and sweet photos to refocus those memories. That's so nice. Thanks for sharing with us. Blessings to you all.

acorn hollow said...

Happy birthday to your grandson! How blessed he was to have you all.
And happy 50th! we will be 49 years in October.
The years tick by so fast it really is a blink
cathy

Terri D said...

Happy birthday!! And Happy Anniversary coming up!! My son Joe's birthday is today and my wedding anniversary is May 11th. Celebrate well and keep taking those photos... get in a few of them, though!! Love you, my friend!

RÔ - MEU DIÁRIO said...

Tagarela sim. Velha não. Minha avó tem sua idade é não é velha. Um beijo da Rô.
Estou seguindo o seu blog. Siga o meu também.

jack69 said...

WE love this one. Great tribute to the two, I know they both are also proud of you. You did a great job here, loved the photos. You have every right to be proud...
You take care and smile.

Lee said...

Beautiful, Sandie...absolutely beautiful.

Thanks for sharing...the very best to you all. :)

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Happy Birthday to your grandson and Happy Anniversary! This post is so beautiful. The pictures you shared are so precious. What a beautiful gift you gave to your daughter and grandson. God's blessings to all of you.

Red Rose Alley said...

Happy Birthday to your grandson! Lots of pictures on here of him and grandpa that are so special. So good of you to have been with him for so many occasions and happenings in his life. Sounds like a lot of fun things with all those school events and school parties and school projects. I remember those days well with my own kids. I like that second picture of him and grandpa that you shared. That's neat that he is a blackbelt. What an accomplishment that is! Here's to many more wonderful years ahead for him.

A wonderful post for him and grandpa to treasure always.

~Sheri

photowannabe said...

Oh Sandie, this is so Beautiful!!
What a tribute to your Grandson and to your wonderful Hubby too.
You need to print this and save it Forever!! Your Grandson will cherish it.
Bravo for raising wonderful children and investing your Everything in your grandson.
Sue

Kay G. said...

What a wonderful post! It is so true, the mother and grandmother takes all the photos! LOL!
I just read the last comment and I am in agreement. Print this post and save it in a medal safe. x