She loves Fuddruckers.
They closed here in Kennesaw.
We drove two hours to get one that was connected to a gas station.
Our washing machine died and we had to get a new one.
Went to see the play, Mama Mia!
They did a pretty good job too!
My son and his family went to Paris.
My daughter and another teacher went to Mrytle Beach.
Hubs and I went to Horseshoe Park in Fanning, GA.
Lunch at Waffle House.
Do you see the two ducks to the left and the deer on the right?
One of my dear friends had to have hand surgery. I went over to Decatur, and we went to a yuppy Latino place for dinner.
She is one brave woman.
I stayed with her a couple days.
It was an outpatient procedure.
So why am I here in a hospital room?
Apparently, this is common, although I have never heard of it happening to anyone else.
They put a lot of water in your body to do this procedure.
Then your body expels it.
Guess What?
Mine did not.
Which meant my oxygen level stayed in the 70's.
So, I was put in the hospital.
They gave me huge doses of Lasix and that didn't work.
Finally, it started to go up on it's on and I got to go home.
My biggest complaint was this dang bed - I don't think you can see it, but the mattress was HORRIBLE. It was literally on a slant from side to side. And you could NOT fix it. So, I slept on a slant. It was MISERABLE.
My biggest joy was my daughter stayed one night and my hubs the other.
It's nice to have someone there.
Thank you guys.
Lastly, my friend Edna's funeral was Sunday the 28th. My friend that was in the nursing home is now in her permanent and loving home with the Lord.
M's Corner:
Colored by Madsnapper
She is growing TOO fast. She is such a delight. She is standing up in her crib! She is crawling and sitting. Her mom found her in her crib one morning standing up - smiling to beat the band.
She is getting ready to change her parents' life by starting to walk!!!
HOLD ON!
All credit for photos goes to the respective owner.


42 comments:
WOW you had a busy June. I have been to Fuddrucker's here in Michigan but it is closed too now. No Waffle House here. We have IHOP (International House of Pancake) with great omelets and pancakes. Hope July gets better for you health wise. Scary procedure for you for sure. Janice
You certainly had a full June. So glad you are okay but what a miserable stay with an uncomfortable bed. Baby girl is so very sweet. When they start walking your whole life changes. A good June in many ways but also some sad times. xo Diana
You had what I call a bitter sweet month. Ups and downs for sure !The good thing is you all are still here and enjoying life!
I bet the month of June was certainly a busy one for you, with both joyful moments and difficult ones. Wishing you continued healing and good health.
You certainly have had a busy month. I am sorry for your loss of your friend Edna. This past month I went to three funerals for dear friends. It's becoming too common these days. As we get older, I guess it will happen more and more. Thankfully, I know where my friends are, with Jesus! Oh, your sweet little great grandbaby is getting SO big and so sweet! What a blessing. I'm glad your hospital stay didn't last too long. I know it's no fun staying in a hospital for any length of time. Glad you had some company! Take care and enjoy your July!
Things have been crazy beyond belief for you, Sandie, and all in one month, too! Hope things will calm down in July for all of you. Thanks for sharing the sweet photos of the almost-walking gem of a great-granddaughter. The fun is about to begin for mom and dad, that's for sure!
Little Mackenzie will be out of that crib before you know it, and into a small bed of her own. How fun you're still searching for Pokemon cards! I bet Andy is pleased about that. Wow, driving for two hours to find the restaurant you like. That's the way I feel about Krispy Krunchy Chicken. It's soooo good. I'm glad you got a new washer! Both of mine are about ready to give up, but still holding on haha. How wonderful that your son took a trip to Paris! He must have some interesting stories! Horseshoe Park looks like a peaceful place to visit. Oh my, your friend's hand.....I'm so sorry to hear that. And I'm glad all went well after your surgery, and you are healing. aahh, Edna's funeral. You were such a true friend to her.
I wish you wonderful days of July, Sandie!
You have had a full month of a variety of things... You are such a good lady Sandie...always helping those in need. Summers are for vacations and treating one's self to the not so ordinary things...like eating out, seeing plays, trips and such....And, little MacKenzie is so adorable...this is a great stage of their growing years... hugs to you
Way to go on driving 2 hours for Fuddruckers. Sorry you had to get a new machine but that should be nice to use. Glad you enjoyed the play. Wow, a trip to Paris. That's awesome. Yum on the waffles. Yes, I do see the ducks and deer. Nice of you to be with your friend. Glad that you are home. Sorry that happened to you. So sorry about the loss of your friend. ((HUGS)) Wow, she is standing up. That's awesome. Take care.
You are so right about your great granddaughter about to change her parents life. But it's fun. Just hectic each year till they're grown and on their own.
I've not,ever heard of those places here. I'll have to look it up. So many towns here don't want franchise restaurants or coffee shops. It's getting to be more except my town doesn't mind. We have coffee shops on every corner!
That hospital bed is torture. Was it supposed to be that way? Why couldn't they get you a more comfortable bed? I bet you're happy that the procedure, hospital bed are behind you. Do you feel better?
I am so sorry about Edna. The Mad One did a great coloring job. Oxygen level of 70!!!! How could you even breathe!! I love your hair; you look so cute even in the hospital.
Wait a minute! A huge double take here. Fuddruckers?? Really? The hamburger place? We used to love them. You would put in your order then sit down. It was our favorite spot to eat when we went to Richmond. Has been gone for DECADES!! I did not think they existed anymore. How can you order hamburgers in a gas station? How the mighty have fallen!
Our Fuddruckers has been closed for years too. I used to love those burgers.
Its been quite a June for you. Now on to July being quieter and having some fun along the way. M is getting so big and Look Out World ... She's going to be off and running.
So sorry for the loss of your friend and you are so kind to be with your friend and her surgery.
Have a good rest of the week.
Seu
Dear Sandie, I am so sorry 😞 about what both you and Edna had to go through.
Love your photos. Yes, that bed looks horrible. Glad 😊 you had family to alternate staying with you.
Sandie, Sorry to hear you were in the hospital, are you OK now? I go next week for a stress test...YIPEE! Babies grow so dang fast, wish they would stay at 6mths to year for an additional year. We have our 10th coming in August and it is a little boy. They have decided on the name Owen. Take care my friend.
Oh, bless you, having to go back to hospital. Hope you are better now and appreciating your own bed! You are making me want to see my little granddaughter! Little L is also starting to crawl and stand up!
What a month! Thankfully, it looks like there was more fun than not. Whew, what a scare you had.
I like Kelli's idea of a road trip! 've not seen a Fuddruckers in years and years. That used to be my favorite place to go for a good burger -- but I don't remember their menu looking anything like this (what you've shown).
Oh my goodness!! This post is full of news for us! I'm happy your ablation went well, even if it caused some concern with the fluid retention. Your sweet little "M" is growing up so fast! Walking?!! She's off to the races soon!! I'm sure your friend was happy for your help after her hand surgery, and your friend, Edna, had a lovely memorial celebration. I enjoyed all of the photos you shared!! xo
Wow you did have a busy month. Sorry to hear you had to stay in the hospital.That would be horrible trying to sleep in a bed that was like that
Glad you are home and doing better sorry that happen.
Babies grow much to fast.
All in all a busy month.
Cathy
What a roller coaster month! I'm glad you are back home, and the new baby is exciting. Yes, once they can walk, they really need to be watched. 😊
Such a full month, you are certainly making the most of this early summer. I hope July is every bit as lively (but how can it be July already?)
Amalia
xo
A busy month and an up and down month but so pleased you are back home now.
Sending good wishes for the new month of July.
All the best Jan
What a busy and emotional month you had. Beginning a new one now, lots of unwritten days ahead. Exciting!
June surely kept you busy with both sweet joys and tough challenges. I’m so glad you’re home and healing, and how wonderful that your family was there for you. Little M is growing so fast-- such a delight! Wishing you a calmer, healthier July filled with more smiles than hospital beds.
Bom dia, Sandie
Na vida, passamos por altos e baixos. Graças a Deus você está melhorando e já está em casa. Passear em família é um presente do Senhor. Ter uma criança em casa é bom demais, elas animam muito! Que Deus conforte o seu coração, dos familiares e amigos pela perda da Edna. Um forte abraço.
You have had an incredibly heavy and hectic month, from driving two hours just for a Fuddruckers craving to balancing all those family trips and the theater night. Staying with your friend for her hand surgery was so kind, but it is incredibly scary that your own heart ablation ended up with that fluid retention and low oxygen scare. Dealing with a miserable, slanted hospital bed while going through all of that sounds completely exhausting, though it is wonderful that your husband and daughter were right there by your side to get you through it. Saying goodbye to your friend Edna is such a poignant loss, but finding comfort in a beautiful service and watching little M reach that milestone of standing up in her crib shows how much love and life is constantly moving around you. Take things easy as you recover from that hospital stay, and hopefully July gives you a much-needed chance to just breathe and slow down.
I love IHOP - they have great $6 meals! lol
Thank you so much for your sweet comment.
Thank you!
Mackenzie is getting so big!
Thank you - Edna is now HOME!
Yes the same Fuddruckers. They have a building that is attached to the gas station. It was weird. But Kelly loves it.
I love that little girl!
10 grandchildren - you sure did great! lol. Hope your stress test turns out okay. I know what you mean - they grow up tooooooooo fast.
I have never seen one like that either - but it is a Fuddruckers.
Thank you for helping me find how to reply. Yes M is growing up to fast.
It was!
That was quite a June you had my dear friend but you came through it with flying colors :) The hospital visit and that bed. Yikes! A lot to deal with and so glad you are recovering well. I’m sure your other friend appreciated you being with her for her hand operation. With all the swelling and bruising, it must be very painful. A sad time with Edna’s loss. Little M brings you a lot of joy I can see. We used to go to Fudruckers but they closed ours years ago. I hope you had a wonderful 4th of July and may this month be a great one.
June was not very good for me. I did not understand all ? Could they do what they were supposed to do in the hospital?
I agree beds are terrible in hospitals!
Is that Paris? Looks like London to me. I must be in Seine.
Praying for you all. God bless.
Sandie your June was certainly full and it was also a busy time for your family as well. Did your son enjoy Paris? Hope they had a good time. Yes, hospital beds can be truly the worse...so sorry you were miserable. Glad you are home now...please stay away from that place (LOL). Ah little M is growing fast...enjoy her. Hugs!
Post a Comment