When the whole world is running towards a cliff, - he who is running in the opposite direction appears to have lost his mind. C.S.Lewis

Tuesday, July 21, 2026

JULY 21 SOME INFORMATION ON REAL MEAT - REAL MILK - REAL ICE CREAM

 

Good morning! 

I think everyone has heard about the veggie and fruit issue we are having right now - cyclosporiasis.  

I thought I'd tell you about three other issues going on today.

How to spot Lab-Made Beef

If you’re buying beef and want to know whether it’s lab‑grown, there are several key indicators to look for — and some things to watch out for.

1. Check the label for official terms
Under USDA guidance, lab‑grown meat is required to be labeled as “cell‑cultivated,” “cell‑based,” “cultivated,” or “grown from animal cells” rather than “lab‑grown” or “synthetic” Yahoo+1. For example, a package might say “beef, cell‑cultivated” instead of just “beef.” Some optional explanatory language like “grown from real animal cells without slaughter” may appear on a case‑by‑case basis Yahoo.

2. Watch for higher prices
Lab‑grown beef is typically more expensive than conventional beef — often $12–$20 per pound, compared to $6.75 for higher‑fat ground beef or $20+ for premium steak cuts KTALnews.com. If a beef product is priced unusually high for its cut and quality, it could be a sign.

3. Look for specialty retail settings
Lab‑grown meat is more likely to be found in high‑end specialty grocery stores, upscale restaurants, and online specialty retailers rather than traditional supermarkets KTALnews.com.

4. Note the texture and appearance
Lab‑grown beef may lack the natural fat marbling and complex muscle fibers of conventional beef unless special techniques like scaffolding or 3D printing are used KTALnews.com. It can look slightly “unconventional” compared to traditional cuts.

5. Understand the production process
Lab‑grown beef is made by taking a small sample of animal muscle cells and growing them in a nutrient‑rich medium in a lab setting MeatChefTools+1. The cells are fed with amino acids, sugars, vitamins, minerals, and growth factors to form muscle and fat tissue. This process is cruelty‑free and avoids slaughtering animals Health.

6. Be aware of ingredient differences
While lab‑grown beef is biologically identical to real beef at the cellular level, the growth medium may contain synthetic or plant‑based components, and some early versions used fetal bovine serum (now being replaced) www.pharmxhealthone.com.

Bottom line:
If you see “cell‑cultivated” or similar terms, check the price, retail location, and texture. Avoid products labeled “lab‑grown” or “synthetic” unless they are explicitly using those terms under current regulations. This will help you identify whether the beef is lab‑made and make informed choices.

How to identify Lab-Made Milk

When shopping for milk, lab‑made (cultivated or precision‑fermented) dairy is not always labeled as “lab‑grown” or “cell‑based,” so you need to look for specific clues in the product name, ingredients, and sourcing.

1. Watch for “precision fermentation” or “cell‑based” in the name
Many companies use terms like precision‑fermented, cultivated, cell‑based, or lab‑grown in their product descriptions. If these appear, the milk is likely made from engineered microorganisms or cultured animal cells www.realvegancheese.org+1.

2. Check the ingredient list for “casein” or “whey”
Lab‑made milk often lists bovine casein or whey proteins as key ingredients. These are the main milk solids produced by genetically modified microbes or cultured cells www.realvegancheese.org+1.

3. Look for plant‑based fats, sugars, and minerals
Because lab‑made milk proteins are usually combined with plant‑based fats, added sugars, and minerals (like calcium or potassium), the ingredient list may include items such as coconut oil, sunflower oil, maltodextrin, calcium carbonate, or potassium chloride www.realvegancheese.org+1.

4. Be cautious of “milk” in the name without clear sourcing
Some products may simply say “milk” or “milk‑like” without specifying the source. If the label doesn’t mention “fermented,” “cultured,” or “precision‑fermented,” it’s more likely to be traditional dairy, but you can’t be 100% sure without checking the manufacturer’s site or asking the seller.

5. Check for “animal‑free” or “vegan” claims
Lab‑made milk is typically marketed as animal‑free or vegan because it doesn’t come from cows. However, some traditional dairy products may also be labeled vegan if they’re plant‑based, so this alone isn’t conclusive www.realvegancheese.org.

6. Look for sourcing or production info
Some companies publish details about their production process on their website. If they mention bioreactors, genetically engineered microbes, or mammary cell culture, it’s a strong indicator of lab‑made milk Labiotech.eu+1.

7. Be aware of regulatory labeling
In the U.S., milk proteins from precision fermentation are considered Generally Recognized As Safe (GRAS) by the FDA, so they can be sold without the same labeling as animal‑derived milk biologyinsights.com. This means the product may not explicitly state “lab‑made” on the front label.

Tip: If you want to avoid lab‑made milk, look for products that explicitly state “from cows” or “from pasture‑raised animals” and avoid those with “precision‑fermented” or “cell‑based” in the name.

By combining ingredient checks, sourcing transparency, and product claims, you can better identify whether a milk product is lab‑made or traditional.

How to spot real ice cream

12 Store-Bought 'Ice Creams' That Aren’t Real Ice Cream     Click left line.

12 Grocery Store ‘Ice Creams’ That Aren’t Actually Ice Cream - you might be surprised.



Photo By Madsnapper

M's Little Corner - 10 months

A real delight.  She can let you know what she likes and dislikes now. She is doing great with food.  You know now adays they are not fed all that baby food. They are actually fed real food cut up real small. The new age of finger foods.
She stands now.  It won't be long now before she walks.
Says dada.  Drinks out of a straw.  Waves goodbye.
Shakes her head no!
But the best thing is she gives mom and dad kisses.





dog photo snoopydancinggif.gif






7 comments:

Shug said...

I sure enjoyed M's little corner...What a sweet Blessing she is to the family. They grow so fast and I know for me, I just want to capture every little minute of the new things our Will can do. Where have I been? I had no idea there were things like lab grown meat and milk. Surely I read that right... Makes you wonder what we are being served in restaurants. For now, I am staying clear of the lettuce and fruits...sad though because this is the season for salads and all kinds of delicious fruits. Thanks Sandie for this important info. Hugs!

Martha Jane Orlando said...

You sure have done your research here, Sandie! Thanks for sharing what you've found out with all of us. Sometimes, I think the powers that be just want to poison all of us. Little M is truly growing up so fast, too. Such a joy in everyone's life!

Red Rose Alley said...

Good to know about the beef and milk and ice cream. I always wonder about the eggs too. Mackenzie is eating finger foods now! When I was with Charlotte, I cut up those carrots really good, and she just ate them with her meal. Yes, they love finger foods. They have bibs now where anything they drop goes in the pouch, and they just pick it up and eat it. The chore is washing those bibs to make sure they are super clean. I love the picture of grandpa and Mackenzie. And the two bird photos are darling. A happy July week to you, Sandie.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Thanks for all the information. More and more we need to read the labels on what we eat. I want real food, not artificial stuff. Babies do tend to grow too fast. Can;t believe how much yours is doing already!

🌺 Debby/From My Shasta Home said...

We buy our meat and poultry from local growers. I rarely pick up supermarket meat. Those huge woody chicken breasts are not normal. I actually did some research on that sitting in my drafts. Gross.
Ugh, our foods have become so contaminated with stuff we don't need. No wonder foods don't taste like they used to.
Enjoyed hearing the latest going one's with Mackenzie. She really is growing fast.
Real interesting post today, Sandie. Enjoyed it very much and will be checking my labels more intently because of today's information.

CheerfulMonk said...

Wow! I didn’t know that!

Linda's Relaxing Lair said...

Hi Sandie, little M's corner is precious. And I love the photo and illustration.
Thank you so much for sharing this information, dear friend. ❤️ I hope 🙏 you have a lovely week.