When the whole world is running towards a cliff, - he who is running in the opposite direction appears to have lost his mind. C.S.Lewis

Tuesday, August 04, 2026

AUGUST 4 "INTERESTING WORDS"

Do you like these?



Interesting words:

I was introduced to these by Denise; An English Girl Rambles and I found them on Facebook - I believe she uses Pinterest.
Thought they were kind of cute.



 














                      M's Little Corner of the World:
Photo By Madsnapper


Ole M has decided to try standing.

She actually can pull herself up from the floor - if she is by the sofa.

Her hair is coming in beautifully. 

She can shake her head NO and she means no.  LOL

She can point to what she wants.

She gets dermatitis on her skin - can't figure out why exactly.

She went on her first plane trip last week with mom and dad.

She is going on another vacation next week - driving 300 miles with her mom and dad.

Please pray for travel mercies.  💖

All credit for photos goes to the respective owner.

19 comments:

Mari said...

Those boots! Who comes up with things like that?
The words I just love, I just read most of them to Bob. Too fun!
And look at little M, she's growing fast!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

The shoes are different but no I don't care for them. She is very talented. I always like when I see her work.

DeniseinVA said...

Little M is a real darling. and yes she's growing fast. They can learn to say no really fast can't they? LOL! Prayers for happy and safe travels for her next journey. Those boots are something. Amazing imagination to come up with those. I'm glad you enjoyed the words I've shared from Pinterest. Words can be fun. I like your signature sign-off too, lovely scrolling. A real nice post Sandie, always enjoyable. Enjoy the rest of your week, Hugs, Denise

CheerfulMonk said...

The baby is really growing! I'm a happy houseling. and fika resonates too. 😊❤️

Red Rose Alley said...

I just said a prayer for little Mackenzie for traveling next week. She is quite the traveler lately. I love her space with colorful toys. That's a cute picture of her and Shaye, just playing and appreciating the moment. I hope they can figure out the dermatitis. She's fair skin, so that may be something. I love the "Houseling" word, so cozy and cute. And my favorite was "Fika." It's wonderful advice, and I think we should all do that more!. ; ) Those fish boots are something else! Have a blessed August, Sandie.

Ann said...

Oh my word those boots…lol Little M is a world traveler already

Gemel said...

The boots are quite hideous. Looks like AI. I actually used flibbertigibbet the other day 😂
Miss M is growing swiftly.

Terri D said...

Safe travels for the kiddos!! Crazy shoes!! I have used flibbertigibbet, but never heard of any of the other words!! Be blessed this week, Sandie!! xo

Victor S E Moubarak said...

I really like your goldfish boots. You look stylish.

God bless you and your whole family.

Pamela M. Steiner said...

Not sure where I would ever wear those boots...maybe to the lake or beach? LOL. Crazy for sure. And those words are all so fun. And yes, "flibbertigibbet" is a more common word...I've been accused of being one of those before. LOL. Oh, your sweet little "M" is growing up so fast. Already taking plane trips? and long trips with mom and dad? She is quite the little traveler already! And yes, "NO" is usually one of the first words they learn and know what it means! Except when we tell them "NO"...they don't seem to understand that quite as quickly!! LOL. Have a lovely rest of your week.

Prims By The Water said...

Never heard of any of these words, but wish I could be a houseling right now. Sweet little miss "M" is such a lil cutie. Safe travels to her and her parents. Janice

Martha Jane Orlando said...

Those boots are not to my liking, Sandie! I did enjoy your word memes and the update on the Marvelous Miss "M" though. Prayers for safe travels!

Mevely317 said...

Oh, those shoes!!! The first word that popped in my head was "absurd", lol.
I only recognized one of those words, "flibbertigibbet", but I like "houseling" -- that's me! Prayers for the 'kids' upcoming travel!

🌺 Debby/From My Shasta Home said...

I'll pass on the shoes, thank you! How funny those words are. Safe travels for the little family on their upcoming trips! How fun for them!

Shug said...

I think I can relate to "Gunny Wiggles".. I think I might have to pass on the shoes...now days I have to go for comfort... Little M...she is adorable and growing so fast. What a wonderful Blessing she is to her sweet family...

photowannabe said...

Awww what a Sweetie and becoming a "world traveler". Slow down sweet princess ...
Love the words and the fibbertigibbet reminds me of the song in Sound of Music where the nuns describe Maria.
Sue

bobbie said...

I am DEFINITELY a "Houseling"!!! And I've always loved the word "Flibbertigibbet"!
Cheers ~

jack69 said...

I cettainly like the words 'Fika & Gunne wiggles', But most of all SHE is definitely a doll. I love it when they decide to start making their own moves, like 'standing. I know you do not need to be told to enjoy he, because YOU will !!' Love from NC

MadSnapper n Beau said...

I think the first word they learn other than Mama and Daddy is NO! they for sure will need travel mercies or knock out drops, ha ha.. the only words I recognized if flibbertigibbet. I have used that one myself.