Chicken Ramen Noodle Salad• Time 70 minutes
• Serves 6
• 12 oz of cooked bite sized * chicken
• 3 oz package of ramen noodles
• 1/4 cup rice or white wine vinegar
• 2 tablespoons orange juice
• 2 tablespoons salad oil
• two to three dashes of hot pepper sauce
• 6 cups torn salad greens
• 2 cups fresh vegetables any type or mix such as bean sprouts, pea pods, thinly sliced carrots, thinly sliced cucumbers, thinly sliced onions what ever your family likes * I usually use 1 cup of brocolli.
• 1 small 3.5 oz can mandarin oranges well drained * pineapple with pineapple juice can be substituted
• *I add a small amount sunflower seeds or walnuts or pecans.
How to make it
• For dressing combine in a glass jar with a tightly fitting lid the flavor packet from the noodles, vinegar, orange juice, salad oil and the hot sauce
• shake well and set aside until needed
• In a large bowl combine the salad greens, vegetables, and mandarin oranges
• toss gently to combine http://www.blogger.com/img/blank.gif
• break up noodles and add to salad
• cover and chill for at least one hour
• add dressing to salad and allow to set for 5 minutes so noodles soften just slightly
• add * chicken and toss gently to coat salad with dressing
• * Substitute chilled shrimp, salmon or just serve as a side salad.
Jenn's Three Graces and I think this is my angel girls recipe too - or close...
Thought for the day:
And thank you to a dear friend - Cheryl at the Farmer's daughter - I have never seen this before - but if there is one thing I will take it is a hug. And I am going to pass it to Marydon - who doesn't take awards I don't think - BUT I do know personally that she SHOULD take it - she silently helps people and you won't ever hear about it! She is a hugger.