5 Fiber All StarsStay Full All Day
Our goal is 25 to35 grams of fiber per day - do you get that much every day?
The five best food sources for fiber are:
Avocado - my favorite
I get about 30 grams of fiber a day. I supplement it - I don't get it all from food.
And PS - did you know that caffeine can accelerate muscle contractions in your colon and bring the urge to go on? Just FYI
My dinner tonight plus a bean soup.
1. Butter the outsides of some whole wheat panini-style sandwich bread.
2. Slice some sharp cheddar cheese and some Roma tomatoes. (I am going to use regular ones.)
3. Make up a batch of fresh guacamole. You can find my recipe here. (I left the tomatoes out and saved them for slicing.)
4. Layer one slice of bread with cheese, guacamole, sliced tomato, more cheese, and the final slice of bread.
5. Grill on a hot griddle or cast iron skillet on both sides until the bread is toasty and the cheese is melty.
2 serrano peppers, seeded and diced
1/2 cup white onion, finely chopped
2 ripe plum tomatoes, finely chopped
1/4 cup cilantro, minced
1-2 cloves garlic, minced
Juice of one or two limes
salt to taste
1. Mix all.
Anyone going to join me? Any more avocado or fiber ideas? Please share we us. The more fiber the better. Not just for the obvious - but the more fiber you eat - the more it helps weight loss.