"Life is lived forward, but understood backward. It is not until we are down the road and we stand on the mountain looking back through the valley that we can appreciate the terrain God has allowed us to scale.” Jill Savage

Thursday, November 16, 2006



I think this picture is just wonderful.

It's not raining, but it's a little cold. Not too bad for November though. My backyard is being worked on today and is really shaping up. I am so darn excited about it. I've been trying to figure out why I am so excited. I guess I'm looking at the backyard as an extension of me.

I'm growing. My house represents me and the backyard my growth. I'm just extending the yard to become usable, manicured, and beautiful. I think that's what I'm doing for myself as well.

When we fifty something people get older, we start to take better care of ourselves. Guess we're trying to prolong death? Me, I want to be healthy and then just die quick. No pain, no burden on others. I assume that is what most of us want.

Anyway, back to the yard. My house stopped at the back water, my life was limited. My life is growing and I just have the most strong urge to extend 'the house'. Maybe it's leading me somewhere and showing me a way to go. Who knows.

I'm excited, non-the-less,
Chatty

No comments: