"Life is lived forward, but understood backward. It is not until we are down the road and we stand on the mountain looking back through the valley that we can appreciate the terrain God has allowed us to scale.” Jill Savage

Thursday, November 02, 2006



Why do we Blog?

Blog, the word itself isn't even in the spell check of a computer. The computer on which we do Blogs doesn't even know what it is. So what does Blog or blogging mean exactly?

Blog, blog, blog...it is like yatty, yatty, yatty like on Seinfield? The beginning is important and the end, but what about the middle? Do we really hear what the message is? Is there a message?

Is it blah, blah, blah...just like a boring conversation?

Or is it like a venting session? Is it a place to journal? A place to get out your feelings? Is it a record of our thoughts? I guess all of the above is true plus more. My guess is that we are looking for something....

You know what I think one the reasons we Blog is? To be heard. Sometimes I think we don't feel heard in our own lives. At least that's true for me at times. We humans want to be heard, it's a basic need. Food, clothing, shelter, and then comes love as one of our basic needs. Hearing is part of love is it not? We want to share our feelings. We want our feelings, our lives, to have meant something. To have been important. We want our lives, not to have been wasted - that we didn't live in vain. I guess I should speak for myself here, but that's what I want. I'm just not sure Blogging will do that.

I think part of the answer is that we must hear ourselves and not depend so much on others. It's an inner thing. A centering of the soul. We must hear ourselves. We must stop, be quiet, and listen to our hearts.

However, notice here who is Blogging. It's one thing to have knowledge, it's another thing to incorporate it

A confused Chatty Crone

No comments: