"Life is lived forward, but understood backward. It is not until we are down the road and we stand on the mountain looking back through the valley that we can appreciate the terrain God has allowed us to scale.” Jill Savage

Monday, April 16, 2007

I took a risk the other day.

I forwarded an email to my friends that I had received.

It asked me, in one word, to describe that person. Then I was to forward it to my friends, asking them to describe me in one word. And it was supposed to cycle.

I received an answer back from about 75% of my friends. Some never bothered even answering.
Out of those who did answer, only 25% send it to me, to ask what word I'd describe them with.

I don't know what that means ,but I find that kind of interesting. Doesn't everyone want to know what people thing of them?

The number one repeated response was 'caring'. The number two answer was 'compassionate'. I had a 'beautiful', a 'loyal' and I had one that said eccentric!

My husband jokingly (?) said, "It means your odd." (Sigh).

So I decided to look up exactly what eccentric means:

"Departing from a recognized, conventional, or established norm. One that deviates markedly from an established norm, especially a person of unconventional behavior".

I have departed from the recognized, conventional, or establish norm. I have unconventional behavior and I love it! So I'm going to take it as a compliment (teehee).

Abraham Lincoln said something like this, it's not how many years we have to live, it's how we live in the years we have....

Love,
Your eccentric Chatty Crone

No comments: