"Life is lived forward, but understood backward. It is not until we are down the road and we stand on the mountain looking back through the valley that we can appreciate the terrain God has allowed us to scale.” Jill Savage

Tuesday, June 26, 2007



Okay the thought for the day:

If you can't accept losing, you can't win.-Vince Lombardi

What does it mean by accepting losing? What do we win?

It's become one of the beliefs I hole most dearly in my life and one belief I know is true for me, and each and every one of us.

We make the choices of our life. We may not even know we make those choices, I admit, but make the choices for our life we do.

I know for myself that I've made good choices and bad choices. I've grown up and matured a bit so I believe I make more good choices than bad ones at this point. That wasn't always so.

Just because one makes more good choices than bad ones, doesn't mean that you won't have down days or have to live with some bad choices we made or we have to live with bad choices others made.

The question I propose to myself is - Am I going forward instead of backwards? Do I have a vision? Can I learn from my mistakes? Can I accept myself with my imperfections? Even if I make the same mistake more than once can I forgive myself, learn,, more on and try again?

Also another question is when we made a decision in the past - find out we made a mistake - do we have the right to change our mind? Do we have the right to change our decision? Is it our duty to change? Food for thought.

When we lose (painful as it is or rock bottom as we may be), if we decide to change and learn from it, then we do indeed win.

See June 21, 2007 Blog about 'What it means to grow up!' :)
Losing also humbles you and makes you appreciate things some times too.
Love,
Chatty

No comments: