"Life is lived forward, but understood backward. It is not until we are down the road and we stand on the mountain looking back through the valley that we can appreciate the terrain God has allowed us to scale.” Jill Savage

Tuesday, September 25, 2007


Okay, probably is a topic I don't want to deal with and think about, that probably means I should have done it a long time ago.
Here's a quote to start off my new journey.
You are younger today than you ever will be again. Make use of it for the sake of tomorrow.-Anonymous This is my advice to you.
What I feel it is saying to me is live TODAY for tomorrow it may be too late. And you know the truth is you could read this a million times and get a million different interpretations and someone else could get a million more. Maybe it takes time and life to get to another meaning. Sometimes you have to go through things to get to the core meaning.
It is something I am grappling with right now.
Every day, every minute, every second of our life, we get older. Now a few minutes doesn't really matter, not even a day or a week. For most not even a year, but what about YOUR LIFE TIME THAT YOU HAVE SPENT ALREADY?
Do you know that you can't get certain things back again? Things that only happen once in a life time? Certain things happen at certain times in our lives. If you miss them - I am to the point of my life where I am questioning. Do you just miss out all together? Can you find something you never had - that you were supposed to get in the younger years or is it too late?
I know too that all things are possible. But are they REALLY?
This may sound sad and depressing. It is!!!!!!!!!!!!
However, there is ALWAYS an answer. Maybe not the answer we one, but one none the less.
Sometimes the answer is realizing that you are just not going to get the thing you want. That's sad I know. It's a loss a grief. What do you do with those?
You have to go through the stages of grief. Denial, anger, bargaining, being depressed and then finally acceptance of the fact you never had some of the things you always wanted in life and never will.
And then and only then can you go on and life the life you have better. You have to make the most out of what you do have.
More on the topic this week, but what do you think?
Chatty

No comments: