"Life is lived forward, but understood backward. It is not until we are down the road and we stand on the mountain looking back through the valley that we can appreciate the terrain God has allowed us to scale.” Jill Savage

Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Life is what we make it. Always has been, always will be. -Grandma Moses
A hard, but very pragmatic way to look at the reality of life.
I find that people do not want to believe they are the ones really responsible for where they have ended up.
They want to blame someone else.
It just can't be their fault. It is this person's fault. Or that person's fault. Somebody made them do it. I'm too busy. It doesn't feel good. I'm too tired.
I've heard so many excuses over the years. I once thought I'd write a book about the excuses I've heard.
Okay now looking at me personally - you know what, I know that this is true in my head, but sometimes I think - could I have really done some of the things that have happened to me in my life - to my self? Impossible! Why would I have done this to myself? I like me!
But if I go down deep, alas, the choices that were made were mine - the things and places and people in my life - my decision - my choice. Now most things in my life are good and I think over all I make good decisions, but some of the things in my life - some of the choices I've made - well - I have to think about that! :)

Love,
Chatty

No comments: