"Life is lived forward, but understood backward. It is not until we are down the road and we stand on the mountain looking back through the valley that we can appreciate the terrain God has allowed us to scale.” Jill Savage

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Ah, the day before my birthday. I guess yesterday I shared where my soul is now at the age of 55. It is a much more welcoming and accepting soul than it was when I was in my 20's and 30's. Sometimes you see, age is a blessing. At least for some people. Others can become hard and calloused - so watch your heart - even if it gets broken - it can be mended with work. It's hard I know, but the alternative is not good.

I'm going to send some songs over below this Blog (because I can't get them on the same BLog I am writing on - yet!) and show the songs in my mind today at age 55. Making a memory for me - and hoping you will enjoy them too and maybe get something out of them for yourself. Have fun with some gain strength in others.

It's raining, hard, in Georgia today. I have something that has been going round in my head and my heart for a long time now with no answer, or let's say, the answer I think I'm getting is no. Can't say I like that - it hurts when you want something bad and you are told no.

Some words of advice for myself - (this is like a time capsule - have you ever done one? I did with the kids years ago - I'll have to BLog about that another time.

Obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don't turn around and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it. -Michael Jordan (or accept it - Chatty)

I'm a copy cat of other sites, but I LOVE to share them with you and I always give credit where credit is do, so here is another thing to think about from Daily Celebrations:

" "One of my motto's is flaunt what you've got left." ~ Cybill Shepherd ~ A woman known for her boldness and passion. She's been in 57 movies. "I had been 57 different kinds of disobedient," the brassy actress said in her witty autobiography Cybill Disobedience.

"We have to keep trying things we're not sure we can pull off. If we just do the things we know we can do... you don't grow as much," said the four-time Golden Globe winner. "You gotta take those chances on making those big mistakes."

An advocate for feminine midlife power, she turns her nose up at critics and continues to celebrate being a "big, brassy blonde" who loves to sing. She performs on stage, takes auditions, improves on her cabaret show, and hankers for another TV show. She is gutsy.Not only has she admitted to having hot flashes, she called them "power surges" and said she was ready "for my Shelley Winters parts now... I have less vanity than you can imagine."

On aging, the star reflected, "It is not easy, but it is also another exciting stage. It can be explored. You can learn from it. I've got to take chances and get out there," she said in a 2008 interview. "What are you going to do, sit home and knit? I don't knit."

You've got a lot: flaunt it." Daily Celebrations.


What a good title, think about it - daily celebrations - we should all be celebrating daily.

If this makes you think and gives you a little strength to go on, then I've done good for today.


:) Chatty

PS I think if you like to knit, than knit - the meaning is to do what makes you feel good.

No comments: