"Life is lived forward, but understood backward. It is not until we are down the road and we stand on the mountain looking back through the valley that we can appreciate the terrain God has allowed us to scale.” Jill Savage

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Happy Birthday to all the people born today (including me and Elizabeth Taylor - she is 20 years older than I am)!
I thought I'd share some of my 'gifts' with you and some good quotes. Hope you enjoy!



Only watch if you want to laugh. Don't take it too seriously - its just for fun. Also if it takes you away from this site - no problem - when your done watching it, hit the go back arrow and you'll come back to this site.

http://WWW.smoothmarketplace.Com/screenclean.swf

A friend sent this to me - another 'site' I'll be keeping under my 'Laughter File' - for when I need a laugh (a laughter file is a good idea for when you are down). This is a picture of one of my greatest loves!

I'm going to Jasper, GA to have lunch with a friend at the Woodbridge Inn. Interesting place. It was opened years ago, by a Bulgarian Chef that had fled Europe in World War 2. I've been going there for years. He always comes up and says hello to his guests. I think his son in law has taken over for most of the time as he is quite old. The food is German. It's a beautiful day, but cold! It'll be a nice drive up north.

"How beautiful it is to do nothing, and rest afterwards." (Picture me doing saying "Yes" and making fists and bringing my arms into the side - doesn't that thought sound wonderful to try?)

Live with intention - walk to the edge, listen hard, Laugh. Practice wellness.Play with abandon. Continue to learn to appreciate your friends. Choose with no regrets. Do what you love. Live as if this is all there is. ~Mary Ann Radmacher

Nothing is worth more than this day. (It's all we really have).

and my favorite saying (it's on a mug) - all from http://www.acaciacatalog.com/ -


BEGIN EACH DAY AS IF IT WERE ON PURPOSE


"Striving for perfection is the greatest stopper there is.… It's your excuse to yourself for not doing anything. Instead, strive for excellence, doing your best."– Sir Laurence Olivier

No one is perfect. Do your best and forget the rest.

Chatty




1 comment:

Changes in the wind said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!
The video was cute....
Hope your special day makes you smile all year..........