"Life is lived forward, but understood backward. It is not until we are down the road and we stand on the mountain looking back through the valley that we can appreciate the terrain God has allowed us to scale.” Jill Savage

Monday, August 04, 2008

The summer is ending for me this week. My daughter went back to work today and my grandson will go back to school tomorrow. 2nd. grade - again I ask myself, how can I be that old - I don't feel that old but 2nd grade - wow he is growing up so fast.


I still have kept my commitment to myself to read a little every day. I love to read, in fact just went out and bought a boat load of books to read and one series on CD to listen to.

"The Wounded Woman" and "On The Way To The Wedding" by Linda Schierse Leonard are UTTERLY FASCINATING books - deep as deep can be - but ah, so enlightening. A must read for any woman who has had issues with her father growing up.

Guess that's what has been behind my 'real' men 'real' women ideas of late.

There is a difference in the world's definition of being a feminist and in this definition I am going to give you as feminist. This is my definition of a feminist and how I'd like to be.

"The girl and the woman, in their new, their own unfolding, will be in passing be imitators of masculine ways, good and bad, and repeaters of masculine professions. After the uncertainly of such transitions it will become apparent that women were only going thought the profusion and the vicissitude of those (often ridiculous) disguises in order to cleanse their own most characteristic nature of the distorting influences of the other sex.

Women, in whom life lingers and dwells more immediately, more fruitfully and more confidently, must surely have become fundamentally riper people, more human people, than easy going man, who is not pulled down below the surface of life by the weight of any fruit of his body, and who, presumptuous and hasty, undervalues what he thinks of love. This humanity if woman, borne its full time in suffering and humiliation, will come to light when she will have stripped off the conventions of mere femininity in the mutations of her outward status, and those men who do not yet reel it approaching today will be surprised and struck by it, . . . some day there will be girls and women whose name will no longer signify merely an opposite of the masculine, but something in itself, something that makes on think, not only of any complement and limit, bout only of life and existence: the feminine human being."


What does this mean? It's not talking about the feminine as being a woman, number one. It's talking about being a woman, a true woman, that has her masculine and feminine side blended. That is the total feminine human being. Every woman has a masculine side, every man has a feminine side - it is through the wedding or marriage of both sides of our self that we become whole. You have to take a leap of faith.

I think in my own life - I was the puella type personality and now due to personal growth became more the amazon woman. What I'm doing now is trying to combine those two into one whole - to coexist with each other - a little strong - a little weak - a little ying - a little yang - some feminine traits - some masculine traits - to become whole. A nice woman, but strong.

Other Qualities are - "To guide and teach, not push and preach. The adult has confidence, honesty, competence, authority, courage, faith, love, compassion, understanding, and generosity in the areas of work, creativity, social, ethical, and love commitment. Value yourself. Nurture and advise, but encourage yourself to be independent and explore things on your own. Believe in your strength, your beauty, intelligence, and ability, be proud of yourself. Affirm you are unique, respect, value, protect, guide, listen, share." That's all - :)

My daughter is the amazon and I believe she has to find her feminine side and put them together as one. Does makes life interesting here at times.

If you don't understand what I'm saying - that's okay. . . I get it.

No one can make a record of your life here on earth except you!

That is the true blend, when you can do some things for yourself.

Mind blowing.

Chatty

No comments: