"Life is lived forward, but understood backward. It is not until we are down the road and we stand on the mountain looking back through the valley that we can appreciate the terrain God has allowed us to scale.” Jill Savage

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Randy Pausch's 'Last Lecture'

I'm sure everyone has heard of Randy Pausch - he died just recently - he finished his race - living in color . . .

It is one of the most beautiful compensations of life that no man can sincerely try to help another without helping himself.-Ralph Waldo Emerson

At the doctor's office - my husband was checking out the other day - the nurse came up and said something to him - something very pleasant like 'take care of yourself' . . . - the doctor was there and he whispered to my husband - 'you'd never know it, but she only has a few weeks left to live - cancer is riddled inside her entire body - but she is at peace with dying'. Wow - I wonder if that happened to me if I'd feel that way . . . she's an unmentioned hero, but a hero non-the-less.

Love, Chatty

1 comment:

JeanMac said...

Wow, touching and so very brave and kind.