"Life is lived forward, but understood backward. It is not until we are down the road and we stand on the mountain looking back through the valley that we can appreciate the terrain God has allowed us to scale.” Jill Savage

Saturday, December 27, 2008

Saturday Meditations

Proverbs -
The wise man, even when he holds his tongue, says more than the fool when he speaks.

Yiddish Proverb-
What you don't see with your eyes, don't invent with your mouth.

Yiddish proverb -
A hero is someone who can keep his mouth shut when he is right.

Yiddish Proverb-
One old friend is better than twelve new ones.

Yiddish Proverb-One of life's greatest mysteries is how the boy who wasn't good enough to marry your daughter can be the father of the smartest grandchild in the world.

Jewish Proverb-
"Don't be so humble - you are not that great."

Golda Meir -
Pessimism is a luxury that a Jew can never allow himself.

Golda Meir-
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex. It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

Albert Einstein-
Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving.

Albert Einstein-
When his wife asked him to change clothes to meet the German ambassador, Albert Einstein said "If they want to see me, here I am. If they want to see my clothes, open my closet and show them my suits."

Intellectuals solve problems; geniuses prevent them.

Albert Einstein -
The hardest thing in the world to understand is income tax.

Albert Einstein -
You can't control the wind, but you can adjust your sails.

Yiddish proverb -
Imagination is more important than knowledge.

Sign hanging in Einstein's office at Princeton -
We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them .

Albert Einstein -
Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school.

Albert Einstein -Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.

Some thoughts to mull and meditate over - from my beloved Jewish friend. Again, the serenity prayer comes to mind for me.

The Serenity Prayer

God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change; courage to change the things I can;and wisdom to know the difference.

Living one day at a time; Enjoying one moment at a time; Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace; Taking, as He did, this sinful world as it is, not as I would have it; Trusting that He will make all things right if I surrender to His Will; That I may be reasonably happy in this life and supremely happy with Him Forever in the next. men.
--Reinhold Niebuhr

Chatty

No comments: