"Life is lived forward, but understood backward. It is not until we are down the road and we stand on the mountain looking back through the valley that we can appreciate the terrain God has allowed us to scale.” Jill Savage

Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Just Because - Mary Chapin Carpenter, Love is inspiration

Love is inspiration . . . it's a feeling . . . sometimes it can be a choice, a decision . . . sometimes love is just because with no rhyme or reason . . . but this I do know - love is kind . . . love is patient . . .


Have you ever loved anybody and you don't know why? You just do . . . just because . . . no reason, no explanation? I love this song and have looked for on You Tube for a long time now. Guess what! It's on You Tube now!

Mary Chapin Carpenter is a country - soul - hippie - folk singer. I think she thinks (now how would I know for sure ?) along the same lines I do or vice versa. Her songs are so soulful - you can just feel the words when she sings them. Her words are unique. The songs she sings are stories - sometimes painful ones, sometime wonderfully happy ones. You can't help 'feeling' when you listen to her songs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMtg8lmFMEw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9yd6vtojY0

There's a line in the song - don't grow bitter - to me that's one of the biggest jobs we have in life.

Because sometimes the people you love don't love you back and sometimes you get hurt in in love.

And some times it's better to be alone for the right reasons, than with someone for the wrong reasons.

And some times people who are supposed to love you - do not.

Love is confusing I do know that.

Chatty, loving just because . . .

Guess come to think of it, I'm a bit of a hippie. Now I missed the time when there were real hippies. I was a bit more straight laced then - truly. Now that I feel freer - where have all the hippies gone? (Lol)

"Where have all the hippies gone, long time ago . . . " Just kiddin with ya!

3 comments:

Olde Dame Penniwig said...

"Where have all the hippies gone...
Long time passing...
Where have all the hippies gone...
Long time ago...
Where have all the hippies gone...
Gone to AIG every one..."

Most of those hippies of yore were just playing at it...

I think I'd like the works of this Mary C. Carpenter and am going to call up some of her lyrics.

Chatty Crone said...

That was so cute!

Guess I'm just a wanna be hippie too - wouldn't it be 'lov-i-lee' if just for awhile . . .

^..^Corgidogmama said...

Damn Woman....now, this is gettin' freaky. Mary C....she's my gal.
Loved her for years! soulful, mournful, spiritual, that gal feels everything, and is able to write it down and put it in a song.
Hippies are still out there. Look for the hemp clothing, danksos, and edaname eaters shopping at Trader Joes!
I was straight laced during that time as well, good little ol' Catholic girl......NO MORE!