Annie Elizabeth Delany
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia:
Born September 3, 1891(1891-09-03) Died September 25, 1995 (aged 104)
An American dentist and author who, after completing her studies at Columbia University in 1923, became the second African American female dentist licensed in the State of New York.
The second African American dentist licensed in the State of New York - can you imagine what she had to go through to become a dentist back then? And she lived until she was 104!
What It Takes to Burn Off a Cinnamon Bun:
Cinnamon buns seduce us with their fragrance — a fragrance that almost reaches out and begs us to eat them when we're shopping or traveling. While they're easy to get and eat, they're not so easy to burn off.
One Cinnamon Bun with Icing: 620–846 calories
· Walking: 160–218 minutes
· Biking: 88–120 minutes
· Running: 66–90 minutes
When I left Alaska and I was at the airport crying - like a nut - I bought a cinnamon bun! Gee I wonder what it takes to burn off gelato?
1. Exercise: More than 20 percent of your body’s blood and oxygen go directly to your brain.
2. Hydrate: If you’re looking for a little pick-me-up, don’t reach for your usual double espresso. Instead try drinking water.3. Find Stimulation: By decorating your work area brightly or switching your font color to something more vivid, you can work through boredom and fatigue.
4. Think Happy Thoughts: Your brain, particularly your memory, doesn’t respond well to stress. If you’re tense, overwrought, or unhappy, you’re much less likely to retain information or stay alert.
5. Play Games: Studies with dementia patients have shown that playing word games and puzzles can increase and even restore mental cognitive abilities.
6. Watch Quality TV: Unfortunately, studies indicate that passively sitting in front of the TV is counterproductive. But if you must, choose a game or quiz shows like Jeopardy, and try to answer the questions.
8. Eat Brain Food: If you want to get peak mental performance from what you eat, here are a few things to remember. Protein is the main source of fuel for your brain. Your brain also needs foods rich in crucial vitamins and minerals.
9. Load Up On Fish Oil: The omega -3 fatty acids eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA) and docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) in fish oil keep the dopamine levels in your brain high, increase neuronal growth in the frontal cortex of the brain, and increase cerebral circulation.
10. Learn Something New: Very few people find the time to master new skills or even read a new book that isn‘t for work or class.
11. Don’t Waste Time: The best way to organize your mind is to declutter your life.
12. Actively Improve Your Memory: The most effective way to remember facts is by forming multiple associations. For example, you may remember the date of your dentist appointment, because that number was the age of your favorite singer when he died. After that, repetition is a tried and true method of memorization.
13. Rest: Almost nothing is as crucial to proper and efficient brain functioning as sleep
14. Have Sex: A lot happens to your body during sex, and much of it goes on in your brain. There is no activity that increases more blood flow to your brain, enhancing cognitive capabilities.
Having sex also produces hormones that dramatically improve brain functioning.
So pick your poison . . .lol