"Life is lived forward, but understood backward. It is not until we are down the road and we stand on the mountain looking back through the valley that we can appreciate the terrain God has allowed us to scale.” Jill Savage

Sunday, March 07, 2010

Sunday's Gift

Hope you enjoy my Sunday gift to you!



"I believe in Christianity as I believe that the Sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." - C.S. Lewis

"We must lay before Him what is in us not what ought to be in us." - C.S. Lewis

(I love, love, love C.S.Lewis! If you haven't read any of his books - get one!)

Happy Birthday to:

If you were all alone in the universe with no one to talk to, no one with which to share the beauty of the stars, to laugh with, to touch, what would be your purpose in life? It is other life, it is love, which gives your life meaning. This is harmony. We must discover the joy of each other, the joy of challenge, the joy of growth.”

Mitsugi Saotome
(1937-); Aikido instructor, author

And this other 'life' can be a relationship with God AND friends.

8 comments:

Stella said...

You know our blog friends fulfill some of this special place in our life. Someone to share a joke with, a photo of a beautiful scene, or some of the trials we face. Our course our Lord is always there waitig to be part of of life we ask him in. Have a wonderful Sunday. Stella

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Stunning! You are so special my dear friend.

Susan said...

That was a a beautiful gift, indeed, Sandie. Just splendid. Thanks! Sincerely, Susan from writingstraightfromtheheart.blogspot.com

Carol............. said...

How beautiful is that? Thanks so much for posting it.

I felt like this...(in awe)......on our last week's trip to Sedona, AZ.

You will be amazed when you visit the Grand Canyon...be sure to post lots of pics when the time comes.

Whosyergurl said...

Sandie, I always feel closest to God and in a state of praise when I'm outdoors. I'm outdoors as often and as much as possible.

Do you have a bell that goes off when I post? You are always the first to respond! Thank you!
Hoosier Hugs,
Cheryl

BeautifulDees said...

Oh my dear friend you have helped me so much with this video, it seemed to answer all of my questions. Thank you, you are amazing.
Love ya, Debbie

abnsigoslady said...

That was just down right wonderful. Thanks for helping me to remember all of those things which so easily fall from my memory. Have a fabulous week. Laura

Rebecca said...

I didn't have time to read very many of your past posts, but I'm VERY curious about how it came to be that you purchased 100 books (I assume) at one time!

C.S. Lewis is among many authors that I read, reread and ponder....