"Life is lived forward, but understood backward. It is not until we are down the road and we stand on the mountain looking back through the valley that we can appreciate the terrain God has allowed us to scale.” Jill Savage

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Show and Tail



I guess Angela is busy visiting her sister and her new nephew who was born last night - and what a cutie he is. So I am going to blog anyway for Show and Tail.

First off, let me go into my lies from yesterday.

1. You must be kidding! Although my GS did get his red belt last night.

2. I love Keith Urban - I have seen him 3 times - but the closest I got to him was row 4 - at the Fox Theater here in Atlanta.

3. I have had the great opportunity of going or seeing Paris twice, but I never lived there.

4. Mama Mia is my favorite movie and I wish I was in it or I could go to the island it was filmed on.

6. I want to shot paint balls, but alas, can't get another nut to do it with me.

5. The truth. I have been to Alaska - two summers ago. I blogged all about it if you want to go back and look at the pictures and all. It was hot there - believe it or not - and it was sunny 24/7. It was the adventure of my life time. And yes I did climb one mile to get to a glacier and it was beautiful - it was like topaz blue. And if you listened you could hear it groan - from the movement - you can't see it move, but you can hear it.

Thanks for playing a long.

Okay, my grandson found this bug in the yard. Now he said if he found a new species it would be named after him - and he knows everything - teehee.

I have never seen this insect before. It was white - all white. It was about 3 by 3 or 4 by 4 - it's huge. Yes it's kind of gross because it was decaying, I think it was a butterfly - any ideas?








Some thoughts for the day:

“Great opportunities to help others seldom come, but small ones come daily.” Ivy Baker Priest

"The world is round and the place which may seem like the end may also be only the beginning." Ivy Baker Priest,Add Image

24 comments:

Pat MacKenzie said...

Hey, if I ever get to Atlanta I'll shoot paint balls with you! Then we could sit down and watch Mama Mia again...and again...and again.

Marjorie (Molly) Smith said...

I've never been to Alaska but would love to go, have been thinking about going for our 50th Anniversary next year...maybe it will work out.
Hummm, your new bug looks like a moth.
I know Angela is holding that baby this morning
Congrats to your GS on the new belt.
Love ya
Molly

Anonymous said...

I got a laugh out of this quote:

"The world is round and the place which may seem like the end may also be only the beginning." Ivy Baker Priest

Thanks ~Ron

Jane said...

Many congrats on the GS getting that red belt. I should have guessed Alaska!

Jane

Anonymous said...

Could be some sort of moth,or katydid,..anyway,thanks for comments on my blog LazyonLoblolly,
I agree with "old geezer",the quote,"The world is round and the place which may seem like the end may also be only the beginning." Ivy Baker Priest

Chicken Wrangler said...

Your grandson found the remains of a Luna Moth! Google it and you can show him what it was supposed to look like when it was living. Great find!

I was reading the Old Geezer comment and his quote - "...that which seems like the end may also be (a new) beginning" is something that my hubby had framed - it got him through his tough divorce way back when. It's a great quote!

Anonymous said...

That looks like a Luna Moth. It's probably faded because it's decaying, but they're large and have those circles on their wings just like this one.

- Sally

^..^Corgidogmama said...

Yep, that's a Luna Moth alright!
Looks like it's been dead a while.....

betty said...

I agree with the moth like the other commenters said; they are real pretty when they are alive (LOL); intersting find of your GS! congrats on getting his red belt too! He is whipping through them!! I almost guessed Alaska, but that seemed so "believable" that I thought you were trying to sneak one in on us, LOL.

I didn't know Angela's sister had the baby....did she blog about it? I'll have to go and check it out. Happy always to have a baby to hold!

betty

Janean said...

mothra! mothra! mothra!!!!!!

hahahaha!

Unknown said...

well dang it, i wanted to watch mama mia and look for you in the back ground! thanks for blowing my movie plans. have a great day!

Jules said...

I am thinking Moth too!

Mamma Mia is a great movie!!!

Congrats on the GS and his Red Belt!

Rose said...

back from having company and spring cleaning. did you sayParis twice?? i hope to go back next Aug. i think it's a moth. take care. Rose

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Wow you have been to Alaksa and touched a Glacier! cool and Paris twice! I am so jealous. Glad you GS got his Red belt!

Patti said...

Maybe this sounds strange, but that looks like a white bat to me.

I've never been to Alaska, but my brother-in-law went one summer about twelve years ago. He used up several dozen rolls of film...before digital cameras, so he spent a fortune getting everything developed. But it was the experience of a lifetime, he said.

Oh, congrats to your grandson on his belt.

Blessings,
Patti

Angela said...

Hey Sandie!

I knew you had went to Alaska but I really thought it was the Keith Urban picture....

Congratulations to Andy for getting his red belt!

I agree with everyone else about the bug. It is a luna moth. They are beautiful when they are alive.

Tuesdays' Show & Tail!
Angela

Annesphamily said...

Moth man! Or a ghostly Halloween bug a bit early! TeeHee!

My brother-in-law is moving to Alaska to work as a nurse. I think a trip there is in our future.

Does the GS take karate or tae kwondoe! My spelling of the martial arts is awful with the exception of yhe fact that my hubby studied the Bruce Lee Jeet Kune Do! XOngrats to GS!
Love the post and love Angela's sweet nephew! Aw....Husg Anne

Love Of Quilts said...

I guessed wrong but enjoyed playing along..... you have found a moth. Trish

Susan said...

Hi Sandie...I was definitely wrong. The creature Andy found, I would think, was either a moth or a butterfly. Take care. Susan

Together We Save said...

Paintball?? It sounds fun!

Michelle @ Delicate Construction said...

Alaska does seem like the right choice now that I think about it- what a great experience!

Sr Crystal Mary Lindsey said...

Well, I think you would do great in MaMa Mia on that Greek Island..
I think what your gandson found is a moth! Love ya. xxx

Deb said...

just stopping in to say HI!!!!!

Doris Sturm said...

OMG, why didn't I think of that? We are so much alike in many other things, why not Alaska? I've always wanted to go there and hope to go there once before I kick the bucket - would be nice to have a friend come along (hint, hint!) ... but that won't be for a while yet.

What was that moth on your car? Was it torn up or is it supposed to look that way? I've seen you mentioning a Luna Moth, but every Luna Moth I've seen look different...their wings are not torn, but have a loooooong tail and are green with an eye on each wing...must be a different variety!