Saturday, April 14, 2012
Saturday - Some Public Service Information
Got this off a friends site - did you realize how big Alaska is? I thought this was an interesting fact. A little trivia.
These Home Remedies Work Wonders on a Cut to stop bleeding
Angel Vee/(Linda Brock)
Have you ever had a cut to the point where the bleeding just kept gushing out and nothing you did stopped it?
(I bought one of those slicing hand held gizmos. I was cutting tomatoes and I sliced the tip of my 4th finger off of my right hand and it bled for days - Chatty - this would have been good to know.)
My grandma always highly believed in her home remedies. Years ago she told me many tips for different problems, so here are a few awesome tips to control and stop the bleeding of a cut:
1. Salt and water- Take a small cup mix up some warm water and salt together. Place this onto a rag making sure it's pretty saturated. Then keep blotting the cut with this solution. The bleeding will stop after 2 minutes or so. It will not burn you at all.
2. Flour- Good old white flour does magic almost instantly. Place some flour directly onto your cut. This will work in seconds and the bleeding should stop.
3. Cornstarch- This is the same technique as the flour and it will also stop the bleeding automatically.
4. Tea bag- Take a regular tea bag run it under cold water. Make sure it's completely wet. Squeeze out a little of the excess water place this onto your cut. Press firmly, but be very careful. Hold for about 20 seconds or so then release the tea bag. The bleeding should stop. ( This is the method I used and it worked.)
5. Ground coffee- Take some ground coffee about a teaspoon full place it directly onto the cut. Press down very carefully to almost form a paste like band aide. After 2 minutes or so remove the coffee ground. The bleeding should stop.
It's strawberry eatin' time - wash your fruit!
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:
I was reading a Women's Home Journal given to me by my friend Cheri.
Did you know:
1. You will go to sleep faster if you read a book first.
2. To relieve a headache play a game. (? I think that would give me a headache).
3. Comfy slippers ease anxiety
4. To ward off colds sleep in
5. For all day energy soak in the tub
6. For joint pain watch a sitcom
7. And the best - to fill blissful eat 2 oz of chocolate a day
I definitely believe in number 6 and 7. What about you have you tried any others?