"Life is lived forward, but understood backward. It is not until we are down the road and we stand on the mountain looking back through the valley that we can appreciate the terrain God has allowed us to scale.” Jill Savage

Monday, November 28, 2022

GRATEFUL

 

Each day comes bearing its own gifts. Untie the ribbons. (Ruth Ann Schabacker)

We went to Ohio for Thanksgiving.

So, if I didn't answer your comment from last week I will - I'm just late.  




My son and his family live there and my daughter and grandson came too!  Our little family was all together, and I was so grateful for that.  We do not get a chance to all get together very often and now with grandson on his own - it will get even harder.  

What I was grateful for was that everyone made an effort to get together and that is what it takes.

My daughter in law is a 'real' cook and uses the recipes from Southern Living.  Needless to say, we had a wonderful dinner.  The works.  Turkey, two kinds of stuffing, cranberries, sweet potatoes with the crust topping, brussel sprouts, mashed potatoes, gravy, green beans - the works. I was so grateful for the dinner.

She went to a lot of work for us.  Another thing I am grateful for.  

I brought two pumpkin loaves up and pumpkin chocolate chip cookies.  I was grateful that my younger grandson loved them.

We are originally from Chicago, and we have a wonderful meat store here in GA and it is the only place we can find authentic Polish Sausage, so we bought some up as a gift to my son - it is a family memory, and he was so grateful.  

Other things I was grateful for:

Christmas Music.

We had safe trips both ways.

Good 'enough' weather.

We got to watch our other grandson on Friday while his parents went to work.  We painted rocks.  He is 12 but he still did it and had fun.

We went out to eat at the Rusty Scupper that my older grandson loves, and we consider a tradition when we go up there.



“Spread love everywhere you go. Let no one ever come to you without leaving happier.”

—Mother Teresa

 

Okay I know you have things you were grateful for this Thanksgiving - please share.









14 comments:

MadSnapper said...

Great news that you could all be together I know how difficult that is when everybody lives all over the place and not in the same town the food sounds delicious and just like what my mother would put on the table that is southern cooking

Kay G. said...

HA ha! That turkey with the lampshade on his head! Made me giggle!!
Wonderful Thanksgiving time, when we are with family and there is only talk, laughter and love! AND great food! LOL!!

Mevely317 said...

What a wonderful experience, Sandie! Yes, being able to break bread with those we love is priceless.
NOW, I've got to know more about that meat store that sells the authentic Polish Sausage!

Ginny Hartzler said...

I am so glad you had such a wonderful holiday! I am thankful to have Phil, and our home. And family.

photowannabe said...

Where do I start?
There is so much to be thankful for.
I have posted much of it on my blog but I am especially thankful for the Blog Family that shares their lives with us.
Grateful for you Sandi too.
It sounds like you had a wonderful Thanksgiving with the whole family together. Precious memories and the food sounds divine.
Sue

Red Rose Alley said...

Oh, I'm so glad your trip to Ohio was a good one, Sandie. And you got to see your son and family, even better. Polish Sausage! - I love it! That was a nice gift to bring your son. The pumpkin loaves and pumpkin chocolate chip cookies sound Yummy. Pumpkin and chocolate seem to go well together, don't they? Wow, your daughter-in-law made so many different sides, that was so special. Love that turkey lamp photo also. I'm grateful for Christmas music too. When I got in my car, I turned the music on, and was surprised to hear it already. This is a wonderful post of gratitude, Sandie, and I'm glad you got home safe and sound, and brought back some special memories spent with your family.

~Sheri

Prims By The Water said...

We will be having a Polish dinner Christmas this year. We usually make our own pierogi's but we also have an authentic Polish market where we can get anything. It is even in Polish, so good thing I now what I want to get. LOL I found your blog from Acorn Hollow and look forward to getting to know you. Janice

Lowcarb team member said...

How lovely that you were all together for Thanksgiving.

I think rock/stone painting is fun and enjoyable no matter what your age ...

Have a good week.

All the best Jan

Terri D said...

Sandie, how WONDERFUL that you got to enjoy Thanksgiving with the entire family together!! Dinner sounds delicious!! Have a blessed week ahead! xo

Starry Dawn said...

Sandra,
I'm so glad you have had a wonderful Thanksgiving with your family
and loved ones, and you are all doing well. I pray we remain friends forever.
You traveled to Ohio, and spent the Holiday with your family.
Family is the best to have in one's life. You got a blessed one, sweetheart.
Have an amazing weekends ahead! The Big Holidays are coming up in December.
All the best, my dear friend.

Along These Lines ... said...

I lived in Chicago, too, at least for a couple of years. Miss many things, except that wind off Lake Michigan. Can still feel it in my bones.

jack69 said...

WE really enjoyed this visit. It is always good to hear GOOD stories of FAMILY affairs. Smiles come automatically when sweet connections are mentioned. As time goes on the distance does take a toll. Glad you all were able to get together.
The BEST to you and yours.... Life is good
Fom down this way,
Sherry & jack smiling....

Debby@Just Breathe said...

It all sounds so perfect. What a nice time you had. I didn't know your grandson was going to be there. That had to be awesome because I know you miss him living with you.

Ximena Jimena said...

Hello everyone my name Ximena Jimena from Cuba i want to use this medium to inform the world on how i got cured from Herpes at first when i had symptoms back in 2014 i went for test and it came out positive i lost hope of getting a better relationship or marriage, everything changed when i met Dr Itua i contacted explained everything to him and he said he has the cure so i decided to order it from him, so i actually did after 2 weeks i went for test and i was negative i'm forever grateful to him.he can also cure
hpv
Hiv/Aids
epilepsy
sickle cell anaemia
diabetes
copd
barrenness
cancer
wart
psoriasis
pityriasis rosea etc.
email: drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com www.drituaherbalcenter.com