"Life is lived forward, but understood backward. It is not until we are down the road and we stand on the mountain looking back through the valley that we can appreciate the terrain God has allowed us to scale.” Jill Savage

Tuesday, January 09, 2024

Finally making the leap back in . . .


OKAY I WAS GONE MORE THAN A COUPLE WEEKS - 

I was just going to give it up but had a change of heart.  💓

I like blogging because it is a semi- record of my life and if I post my memories, then,

I get to go back and look at it from time to time and I 

remember.  ☺

I think I am going to start with a funny story.  It just happened so I will be writing my memories backwards.

Most of you all know I started this blog around 2006.  I watched my grandson 

all day - every day while he grew up.  When he was napping, I needed something to do so I started a 

blog.  Many of you on Facebook remember my grandson growing up and he JUST GOT MARRIED!

It is soooooooooo hard for me to even fathom.

He married the most wonderful girl God could have given him.  They are so young, but if anyone can 

make it they can.  They have known each other about eight years and dated for about five of them.

This story is from January 4, 2024.

The return from THEIR honeymoon.

They went to Jackson Hole, Wyoming - had a great time.

Anyway, this is a story about their airplane ride home.

It was the funniest thing I EVER heard - I hope I can do it justice - can't use all the words tho.




They were on the flight heading from Utah (a layover) to Atlanta.  It was a completely booked flight.  They had the middle seat and an aisle near the back.  

Behind them was a woman in the window seat and two men next to her - all traveling together.  Came to find out they had two dogs with them - I think French Bulldogs.  

Now the owners let them out of their carriers and my grandson turned around and saw them running back and forth between the three people sitting there.  👀

All of a sudden there was fluid being propelled towards the kids seats.  The dogs had gotten sick and they were vomiting all over the people they were running over.  Some had gone to the seats in front of them (the kids) - the floor - the seat backs - everywhere.  People started getting sick everywhere.  Including a little boy who was trying to call up to his dad and his dad didn't hear him.

Now if that wasn't bad enough the dogs started having diarrhea - sorry, but is true.  It was a mess - it was all over the girls hair and the men behind them.  IT WAS TERRIBLE!  😈

PANDEMONIUM STARTED TO ENSURE.

My grandson gets sick when others get sick and by smells - so he headed up front to use the bathroom.  He stopped and got the boys father's attention and when he got to the bathroom - what did he see but two empty seats!  👍 He asked the man if anyone was sitting there, and he said no.  An 💭popped in his head.

He ran back to his new wife and said get up we are changing seats.  Now his wife was stunned of course, and she is more of a rule follower that my grandson is, and she asked if they should ask the stewardess.  So, she was hesitating.   Grandson said strongly get up and move and grabbed her bags.

I told them this is exactly what I call a 

GOD WINK!

Two empty seats - at the front of the plane - and they took them!   There was an elderly man that they enjoyed talking to right next to them.

Now imagine what those poor stewardesses went through.  A lot of people were getting sick - the commotion and everything.  I bet those people were put on the no-fly list or their dogs were for sure.   They had to stay on the plane at the end of the trip.  No one should have to do that clean up.

It was funnier when my grandson told it - complete with swear words from the customers - but believe me - it was incredibly funny.  Prayers for the stewardesses who said they had lots of stories like that.


I'd say that is one memory they will remember.

women photo ATT00002-1.gif



6 comments:

photowannabe said...

Oh that's awful...dogs let out on a plane..NEVER...
Definitely a God Wink for the two lovebirds getting the only 2 empty seats.
Glad you are back in the Blogging business.
Sue

Lowcarb team member said...

Welcome back to blogging.

All the best Jan

Chatty Crone said...

Oh my it was a gift from God - they needed those two seats.
Thank you for welcoming me back.

Chatty Crone said...

Thank you!

Debby said...

There you are! Glad you are back. That is a funny story. I remember hearing about a flight that had to land early due to a incident involving what you mentioned with the passengers getting sick with the diarrhea and vomiting. It was from Atlanta to Barcelona. Awful.
Congratulations to your grandson.

Chatty Crone said...

Oh my goodness so you know then how bad it can be. lol Thank you for being glad I am back - I was just so overloaded before and now I feel it is a good time to come home!