"Life is lived forward, but understood backward. It is not until we are down the road and we stand on the mountain looking back through the valley that we can appreciate the terrain God has allowed us to scale.” Jill Savage

Sunday, March 17, 2024

HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY

 






I do wish y'all a very blessed Sunday whether you are Irish or not.

I just wanted to go back and touch base about a past post - Bucket List.  I think the group I have - we are all very similar.  We all wish to be healthy - no nursing home, no burdens to our children.  Good health.

We would all love peace on earth and no violence.  For Violence and anger to stop.

Don't think we would mind a cook or a housekeeper though.

Visiting places - taking an Alaska Cruise, Red Square in Russia or St. Basil's.  Tuscany in Italy or going to Africa!  Seeing your own country better like Vermont or Australia for some.

Other little dreams - sure, but basically, I think we are happy with what we have - we love our home and family - I think that is so awesome and I am so glad to have you all as friends!





May the road rise up to meet you. May the wind be always at your back. May the sunshine warm upon your face, the rains fall soft upon your fields, and, until we meet again, may God hold you in the palm of his hand.

x_1af5533 photo x_1af5533.gif

17 comments:

Prims By The Water said...

Happy St Patty's Day. I am not Irish, but wish all of my Irish friends or wanna be Irish friends like myself a happy day. Janice

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Happy St. Patrick's Day to you too. Hope your week goes well.

Ginny Hartzler said...

I hope you are having a great weekend, Sandie!!

jack69 said...

WELL SAID! I like the way you worded this:
We all wish to be healthy - no nursing home, no burdens to our children. Good health.
We would all love peace on earth and no violence. For Violence and anger to stop.
Don't think we would mind a cook or a housekeeper though.

We hope one day to be settled enough for sherry to have someone to clean the house once a week and help with the laundry. We share a lot but she carries the biggest part....
Sweet entry and we are 'part' Irish. LOL

acorn hollow said...

Happy St Paddy's day
It is always good to have dreams aka a bucket list.
Cathy

Red Rose Alley said...

Happy St. Patrick's Day Sandie! What a nice post, and thank you for spreading a little goodness to your blog each and every time. I see you shared a zen to zany picture, they're so delightful. I'm glad to have you for a blog friend too. I have one green sweater in my closet. No fancy plans today, just appreciating the weather that we're having this week, a few sunny days.

~Sheri

MadSnapper said...

i am part Irish, paternal side but so far back it doesn't count.. Happy St Pat day

Terri D said...

I loved your post today, Sandie. Hope your St. Paddy's Day was good and that the Irish blessings will stick with you through the coming year! Love ya, girl!!

Mevely317 said...

Great philosophy, Sandie!

I've never heard of them, but I'm so taken with Sprig and Rosemary ... adorable!
Happy St. Paddy's Day!

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Happy St. Patrick's Day! May your blessings outnumber the shamrocks growing in Ireland !

Sparky said...

Sorry to be late! We had a busy weekend. Hope your St. Patty's was wonderful. I'm mostly Irish but also Scottish, English, and one in the wood pile. LOL Hey, no one is "pure" anything, amen?! We're all related through Adam. 😁
Those are admirable things to pray for on the Bucket List.
Blessings. 💙

photowannabe said...

Love all the Irish Blessings and quotes. and I love your signature at the close of your post..Delightful fairy..
Yes, I do agree with all of the Bucket List answers.
Health, Happiness, Family and travel. That about sums it up for me.
Sue

Granny Annie said...

Love this post. Good to see you at it again.

DUTA said...

I love your animated GIF!
I totally agree with the Irish proverb of a good laugh and long sleep. I also wish I was blessed with the Irish blessing of God's protection.
Many thanks for the wishes at the end of your lovely post!

Lee said...

How wonderful it would be if all violence, hate and prejudice ceased. Pipes dreams...but one has to keep hoping.

Take good care. :)

Anonymous said...

God's blessings to you and yours!

Lowcarb team member said...

Sending my good wishes.

All the best Jan