"Life is lived forward, but understood backward. It is not until we are down the road and we stand on the mountain looking back through the valley that we can appreciate the terrain God has allowed us to scale.” Jill Savage

Monday, May 13, 2024

MAY 11, 1974 to MAY 11, 2024 50th Anniversay


HAPPY 50th ANNIVERSARY TO MY HUSBAND!


Pretty bad pictures - I have a ton of professional ones - but I am lazy.  I packed them away in a plastic tote to preserve and move them (remember we have moved twice in the past couple of years) and we then we put them in a storage unit - in the back - under ten more totes!

It would be a huge job to get them out!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

So this is what I have. (My grandma.)





Our Wedding Song was the Carpenter's - We've Only Just Begun - Click Here 

That is what we had engraved on our gold bands.

Now our song is Neil Diamond's The Story of My Life - Going both ways.

 https://youtu.be/EcBB_xPRA3w?feature=shared 

I can't get the address of the song to behave so I left it on the way it works.  It's really for my husband and I to remember - and for posterity's sake - and for the kids if they take an interest.  

We have a son and a daughter - two grandchildren - and one new granddaughter in law.

BLESSINGS ABOUND.  

Now waiting to become great grands some day!  

Our kids are taking us to Lake Norris, NC for a 50th anniversary celebration in June. Not quite sure what we are going to do there - but it will be a nice family get-together.  That's all we want.

Now if anyone tells you after 50 years it was all wine and roses - well I'd be surprised, and it would be hard for me to believe.  We had our challenges.  We did have a Christian marriage - and it was always better to be together than to be apart.

I think it will be very hard on the one that goes first.

I wish A&S the same long marriage and 50 years of marriage or more!

I do thank God for this gift, and I so do appreciate the years and the memories God has allowed us together.













 




18 comments:

Debbie Nolan said...

Oh congratulations on 50 years. Truly a time to celebrate. God has blessed you both. Have a great week.

MadSnapper said...

Happy 50th Anniversary! sounds like a fun family get a way.. enjoy. love all the photos of your sweet family..

Sparky said...

Happy Anniversary! Such a happy celebration. God bless. Love the photos. 💙

jack69 said...

Ahhh lady, yes it can last forever! I enjoy all the pictures,, BUT I must say it is the historical kissing picture that made me smile, WE LOVE THAT.
You said: and it was always better to be together than to be apart.,,,,.... I smiled.

I was remembering once when talking to some buddies of mine, one said, 'BUT I just have to be away from my wife every once in awhile!' My retort to him was WHY??? I married Sherry to be WITH her...

Anyway HAPPY 50TH ANNIVERSARY and hope you guys have a great time, I know you will...

Love and the best to you guys...
Sherry & jack still in Michigan

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

What a blessing to be celebrating 50 years together! Happy Anniversary to you both ! Long time marriages are a rarity these days. Most are lucky to last 10 years. It takes a little work and lots of love to stay together that long. I love your wedding song. I sadly don't remember what mine was. Hope you have many more anniversaries to celebrate !

Ginny Hartzler said...

HAPPY HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!! This is the first time I have ever seen your husband in all these years! He is so handsome. And what a gorgeous photo of the two of you. I know this Neil Diamond song, but not the words. So I just looked them up. WOW, they are awesome!!! I wish you many great grands in the near future!

Chez Cheri said...

Happy Anniversary! That is something to make 50 years, not too many "young" folks want to make that commitment when things get tough. We will be hitting that milestone in 4 more years. Congratulations!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Happy 50th Anniversary! That's a sweet photo. Great song choice too. Yes, being a great grandmother should be nice. We will never see that day with James only being 5 1/2 years old. That trip sounds wonderful. I LOVE the photos you shared. God Bless.

Red Rose Alley said...

Happy Anniversary Sandie! 50 years is so special. I love all the words you said in honor of your anniversary, and I know what you mean about the pictures being hard to get to after a move. I remember the Carpenter's song well. A trip to the lake next month sounds wonderful. Your wedding photo is dear, and I love the picture of you in Yellow. Now, you'll have to explain that last picture, I guess that symbolized through the years? What a wonderful and special day your 50th was, Sandie. And a lovely post to tell us about it. : )

~Sheri

DUTA said...

Congratulations on your 50th wedding anniversary!
Great photos of a beautiful and happy family!
Enjoy your upcoming (June) get-together at Lake Norris!

Kay G. said...

Oh! Congratulations on your 50th!! How wonderful! God bless you both! x

Terri D said...

Congratulations on your 50th anniversary!! So wonderful!! May 11th is a very good day for a wedding!! I'm so glad we got to meet "in person" Love ya!

Julia said...

CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR 50th WEDDING ANNIVERSARY. A great milestone in your lives. I wish you both all the best for many more years together. I love the photos of the generational couples sucking faces, lol... (like my kids would say) lol...
How sweet of the children to treat you both with a special anniversary surprise celebration. You sound like a romantic couple.

Hugs, Julia

Buttercup said...

Love seeing all of your pictures. Here's to many more years together, happy and healthy.

photowannabe said...

Love your anniversary photos..each and every one of them.
Life and marriage really do have their ups and downs and ebbs and flows.
60 years for us. I feel the same way about how difficult its going to be on the one left to go it alone. Grateful for my family and friends and especially that our marriage is built on the firm foundation of the Lord. It's the glue that holds us together.
Sue

Prims By The Water said...

Happy anniversary and many more. What a great photo of all the couples. A great picture to pass down. Yes marriage does have its ups and downs and so glad you stayed in there. Janice

BeachGypsy said...

Happy happy anniversary!truly a wonderful event to celebrate! Enjoyed all the pictures and you were a beautiful bride! The trip in June sounds really nice.

My Tata's Cottage said...

Happiness abounds! I do love it! I love the milestones! My big brother Bill & his wife Joyce celebrated 60 years in 2023. I was there flower girl. Love your photos and wish you well. Enjoy your celebrations with those you love best.