"Life is lived forward, but understood backward. It is not until we are down the road and we stand on the mountain looking back through the valley that we can appreciate the terrain God has allowed us to scale.” Jill Savage

Tuesday, September 17, 2024

September THE APPLE FESTIVAL IN BLUE RIDGE MOUNTAIN GEORGIA

Let's talk a walk and check out the apple festival.   


Apple Festival 2024

This is another tradition we have done for years.  It started when my kids were young, we went through taking our nieces and nephews, my grandson, and now grandson and wife.  Hopefully we can take our great-great grandchildren there next - lol

We always start the day with lunch - usually at Poole's Barbeque.  The Pink Pig.  There are tons of barbeque places there.

We decided on a restaurant that was not barbeque and we were so glad - it was wonderful, unique, and delicious.
                                                                          Toccoa Riverside


If anyone lives around here or can get to it in Blue Ridge - GO!




                                     
Granddaughter and daughter.


Grandson not feeling too good today. 



This was the view from our table - ten feet away!






The FOOD!

Fish Tacos



Rainbow Trout












                                              












                                                   Still on my diet. Doing good but it is so slow!  I want to thank everyone for your support and comments the other day - I appreciated all your help!

                                      
 

THOUGHT FOR THE WEEK:

Attitude is a small thing that makes a big difference.

SMILE!



SOMETHING TO SMILE ABOUT:





HELPFUL HINT:


http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-hC_pa3hE3Is/UTPIleuqBAI/AAAAAAAAE58/ngS6-l1fFmo/s1600/100.jpg


Keep brown sugar soft by storing with a couple of marshmallows.





 ALL CREDIT FOR PHOTOS GOES TO THE RESPECTIVE OWNERS.

11 comments:

Mari said...

What a beautiful place! Those aerial shots are just gorgeous. It looks like a fun day.
We have a lot of orchards around us and have done this kind of thing before. After seeing this, I think we need to do it again.
Good for you for making progress on the diet. It's a life long thing!

Linda said...

How wonderful!!! Such great beauty and so much FUN!! Love seeing you and the family in that giant chair!

MadSnapper said...

I would love to visit there and to eat all or any of the food you had. a great family tradition. I am wondering how close you are to Blue Ridge, my son and his wife live in Copper Hill, TN, which is walking distant from Blue Ridge to their little town.

Mevely317 said...

Me, too! Visit there, I mean. I've never had a fish taco; are they good? Thanks for the tip about putting marshmallows in brown sugar. I can't tell you how many half bags I've tossed in the trash over the years.

Terri D said...

That orchard looks amazing! I think my sister has an orchard visit planned for next week when I am there. I really miss apple orchards and look forward to a crisp cortland (my favorite)!!

Ginny Hartzler said...

I would love to go there, especially the restaurants and shopping! I love you guys in the big chair! How did you even get up there? Do you still go every year?

Susan Kane said...

I would love to walk in your area. I grew in the Midwest, Dad was a farmer. There was an apple barn about 15 miles from us, Ackel' s produce store, which now has a restaurant. You can find it at Pittsfield, IL

Jo-Anne's Ramblings said...

Such lovely photos I liked them

Sparky said...

Gosh, what a gorgeous place! I oohhhed and awwwed at the apple tree. So lovely. Now I want to take a short vacation to visit. It keeps raining here in SE Georgia. I'm not complaining but it does put a damper on working outside.
Sorry Grandson was not feeling well. Hope he's better today. Bless his heart. 💙

Red Rose Alley said...

What a fun time at the apple festival. Looks like there was a lot of nature around you while you sat and ate lunch. I like those BIG yellow chairs. You got a lot of seafood dishes. That store looks so charming. I'd love to browse in there. And all those apples! So many things we can make with them. I'm wondering how the marshmallows would keep the brown sugar soft. Did you bring some goodies home from the festival? Did you buy any of those delicious apples? I sure miss Apple Hill - it has the best homemade apple pie! : )

~Sheri

chocolatecovereddaydreams.blogspot.com said...

I loved seeing the pictures. I would love to browse the store..especially the candy bin! :) Good times with the family!