When the whole world is running towards a cliff, - he who is running in the opposite direction appears to have lost his mind. C.S.Lewis

Tuesday, July 28, 2026

JULY 28 JULY IN REVIEW

 


Good morning!



I think I mentioned that my daughter does staycations in the summer.  She saves money during the year and then every day during the summer (she is a teacher) - or almost every day during the summer, she goes out to some place new or someplace she wanted to revisit.  She goes with friends or family (me). So, I went to a few places this summer too.

We finished it at one of our vineyards in the Blue Ridge mountains on Friday. 
We ate lunch at the Twisted Tomato and then visited Mercier's Vineyard.
It was GORGEOUS!  
We have other vineyards here as well.   
Georgia has quite a variety of different attractions - we are a HUGE state, and, in the north, it is mountains and in the south it's hot and swampy.



Finished gathering Pokémon Cards. We are going to give it a rest.


Seems like not only has it been a rainy night in Georgia, but rainy days too.
And H O T!  HotLanta!!
This is the most rain we have ever seen in the summer since we moved here in 1986 and the hottest temperatures this early. Usually, it starts the end of July through September.



Daughter went back to work yesterday. The first week she is without kids, next week the kids come back.  She retires in four years and right now she is only 48.  She got the job at 22 and will have worked 30 years straight.  She is so blessed.
Of course, she will have to get another job for a while.

M's Little Corner of the World

(By Madsnapper)


She went on her first plane ride this past weekend with her mom and dad to Dallas; they went to visit her uncle.  I am not exactly sure how this plane trip went.

However, before that, we got to babysit so the parents could get ready to go.

She is so cute!  She pays such good attention when her grandma is talking and playing with her.

She has her daddy's brown eyes.

She LOVES to be read to.
She has her mommy's beautiful hair color.

She is standing now at ten months, and I imagine within a month she will probably be walking.  Won't she be surprised when she gets some shoes?  lol 





28 comments:

Mari said...

What a fun idea for summer break! The vineyard is just gorgeous!
And M is adorable and growing too fast.
We need rain badly here, can you send some up?

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

What a fun summer with your daughter, I've never been to any vineyards , but there is some in Texas too. Rained overnight here and now it's sunny and warming up, but I'm in Ohio and it is much cooler than it was in Texas. It is in the 70's right now, Your daughter goes back to school early there. Try to enjoy what is left of these lovely days!

Martha Jane Orlando said...

Seeing M always warms my heart and makes me smile, Sandie. So glad your daughter and you were able to do so many fun activities together over the summer. It seems the kids go back to school earlier and earlier. Hope she has a great year!

CheerfulMonk said...

What a fun age! They grow so fast.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

What a wonderful vineyard. I hope you enjoyed the wine. God bless you and your family, Sandie.

Prims By The Water said...

Sweet M is adorable. Hope the plane ride was alright. My great aunt us to live on a fam near Albany, Ga and yes it was a bit swampy with red dirt roads. Janice

Shug said...

I hope this little plane ride turned out to be a good one and that there were no ear issues. You know, I think a staycation is the way to go some years. There are many things to see right here in our area that I've not ever seen. I can not believe how early school starts these days. My grand daughter-in-law started back this week. Of course, Trista works throughout the summer (School Counselor) and then our youngest daughter Shanda starts next week.. Way too early for me..

Red Rose Alley said...

First of all, that vineyard is gorgeous! It would be so nice spending the day there. I can't believe you're getting that much rain when it so hot out. Was the Twisted Tomato good, and what did you order? You had so much fun trying to find those Pokemon cards, and I'm sure Andy is grateful for that too. Mackenzie flying to Dallas on her first plane flight! I feel for your daughter having to go back to school already. Jess is preparing her class end of July as well, but the kids start in August. I hope your daughter has a wonderful school year. And once again, I love your Sandie signature, it's whimsical and delightful. : )

Mevely317 said...

I love your daughter's tradition of seeing and doing new things! Would you believe, aside from Tom's surgery in Columbus, I/we've not been in Georgia in decades! The mountains sound wonderful right about now.

Linda's Relaxing Lair said...

Such a fun age! Lovely photos.

Ginny Hartzler said...

Totally adorable photos!!! I can imagine how excited you are when you get to babysit! Hard to believe your daughter is nearing retirement age!

Ginny Hartzler said...

The Mentalist is one of my all time favorite shows! Simon Baker is great. Recently he has starred in the streaming "Scarpetta" with Nicole Kidman.

Debby said...

You didn’t show up on my Inoreader or Blogger, so I realized you post on Tuesdays.
As a kid, I used to hate going to vineyards. My parents would go, and it was just boring when you’re seven-year-old and you have to entertain your 2-year-old sister - Ugh, not fun at all. It was always warm, and nothing to do when you're a child. As an adult, they’re fine. We live just down the road from a winery but have only visited once in the fall.
M is so cute. She has such a perfectly shaped head! If you don’t have much hair, it’s great to have a nicely shaped head. She really is a little cherub, isn’t she?

Gemel said...

Sounds like there's a lot of adventures to be had in Georgia. Each year I always go several places I have never been before. Keeps life exciting. The vineyard is a stunner. Beautifully set out.
Love the giraffe photo too.

Ann said...

What a fun way to spend her summer's off and great that you get to do some of the stuff with her.

Susan Kane said...

What a fine time! With Babies, any time is great.

Great-Granny Grandma said...

What a wonderful shot of the vineyard. It looks so lush and green.
My favorite picture in M's corner is that one of her precious little hand with the pretty bracelet. on it.

Terri D said...

Oh, Sandie, I know you are having so much fun with that little sweetheart!! My sister retired from teacher last year, after 46 years! She is loving it now, but missed it for the first few months of the new school year. She missed the kids, not necessarily the work! Be happy!!

Veronica Lee said...

Such a lovely July wrap‑up!
Your daughter’s summer tradition of staycations is inspiring -- what a wonderful way to make memories close to home.
The vineyard sounds gorgeous, and little M is growing so quickly.
Standing at ten months already -- she’ll be running around before you know it!

Donna said...

How fun to play during the Summer months! She's a planner!
Aren't the granbabies fun?? Great memories being made, right there! She's adorable.
hugs
Donna

jack69 said...

WOW that little Georgia Peach is Growing!! Enjoyed the read and pics. WE too are sharing about the same weather. WE are thankful you guys get it first but send it on up our way. Love you lady thanks for a sweet read.

photowannabe said...

What a fun thing to do during the summer. Staycations is the way to go ... but ... every day is a Staycation for Dave and I since retirement and since his fall ... the days do just flow on by.
Love the pictures of McKenzie listening to the story being read to her. Fun times.
Sue

Abby said...

I love the Staycations! Great idea.
Little M is growing up fast. Nice that her grandma's a teacher - get that love of books started.

Brenda Kay Ledford said...

I love going to the vineyard. What a cool place to visit. Enjoyed your photos. Enjoy the rest of the summer.

DeniseinVA said...

How fun for you to go to these places with your daughter. It looks like a wonderful vineyard. We have several in our part of Virginia but haven’t been to one. We should do our own staycation :) Little M is so adorable! Enjoyed your photos very much, a lovely post. Thanks Sandie!

Theresa said...

Congrats to your Daughter for getting to retire early. I also retired at 48 with 30 years service. 24 years ago, hard to believe. What a blessing to get to babysit your little cutie-pie! My favorite times this Summer was with the Great-Grands. Enjoy your day dear friend, HUGS!

MadSnapper n Beau said...

Staycation is a super idea and you get to play too... My cousin retired with 40 years as a highschool teacher, she is deceased now, 9 years older than me. She and her best friend saved their money and did cheap back packing trips to Europe and all over the USA and a few islands. They were both single, never married and had a wonderful time during their summers

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Lost my comment. Beautiful vineyard. How nice that she can retire so early and yes, she should get a fun job for herself when she retires. Sorry about the rain and heat. We are very hot this year. So glad you got to babysit. Oh my, she will be walking before you know it.