When the whole world is running towards a cliff, - he who is running in the opposite direction appears to have lost his mind. C.S.Lewis

Tuesday, September 29, 2026

SEPTEMBER 29 I NEED YOUR HELP TODAY

 


ANYONE LIKE THOSE SHOES?

I have a request.

Every year I am in a cookie contest in early December.

I am looking for a cookie recipe for the competition.

Something good, simple, yet different.

Remember I have to make them. (lol)

Anyone have one for me?  

Thank you.


32 comments:

Pamela M. Steiner said...

Oh, goodness...I only bake the old tried and true cookies that aren't too complicated. I do have one recipe that was my mother's, Orange Cookies. I will have to send you a link to the recipe. They are a special cookie that my mother always baked whenever the grandchildren were coming to visit. It is a family favorite that now the younger generation of bakers always try to bake whenever the family gathers as well. My son Scott makes them at either Thanksgiving or Christmas, and my niece Sandy in NC always makes them for her family too. I will email you the recipe.

Gemel said...

I shall have a think about an unusual yet easy biscuit recipe for you. I will send via email if I find one suitable.

Martha Jane Orlando said...

I wish I had a unique cookie recipe to share, Sandie, but I don't. Those shoes? They're for the birds - LOL! Blessings!

Mari said...

Ha! I love Martha's comment! Those shoes are quite something.
Pams orange cookies sound good. I tend to make the standard choc chip cookies.

Prims By The Water said...

I usually make the standard cookies. So sorry. Those shoes were a hoot. Janice

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

It's a no on the shoes but they gave me a good laugh! Good luck with the cookies. Everyone's favorite here is the iced sugar cookies at Christmas !

Kay G. said...

Can you do no bake cookies? I found this recipe for you and I really want to try it myself! https://www.realmomnutrition.com/no-bake-cookies/ Anything with cocoa, I am there!! Good luck!

Kay G. said...

Forgot to say, that that recipe won for a contest for Best No Bake Cookie! https://www.realmomnutrition.com/no-bake-cookies/

Red Rose Alley said...

The only cookies I usually bake are chocolate chip, gingerbread, and sugar cookies at Christmastime. Sometimes oatmeal with raisin, but I just use the recipe on the cover of the oatmeal carton. I hope you win the cookie contest, Sandie. If I come across any good recipes, I'll be sure to let you know. Those shoes are fun, but I'd never wear them out. And I don't think I could even if I wanted to; look at those heels! ; )

I wish you the best October days, Sandie.

Ginny Hartzler said...

Wish I could help! I don't bake anymore because of my back. Good luck and let us know what you make!

Shug said...

This is so neat that you enter the contest. I do have a recipe...I'll send it to you. Mylee won first place at the big FFA event that our county has. Hope you win.

DeniseinVA said...

Those shoes are a hoot! I made a post about cookies and this is the link to several. I haven’t made any and hopefully the links are still working.

https://anenglishgirlrambles2016.blogspot.com/2022/12/monday-recipe-posts-no-recipes-but.html

gluten Free A_Z Blog said...

Those shoes are hysterical. Sorry, I don't have a really special cookie recipe. I make the basics! Good luck finding one.

Lowcarb team member said...

Oh my goodness! Those shoes!

There are quite a few cookie/biscuit recipes on the low carb diabetic blog and also the BBC food site:- https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/collection/easy-biscuit-recipes

I hope whichever recipe you decide on everything goes well for you.

All the best Jan

Julia said...

Good luck with the cookie contest. Those shoes are for the Birds, lol...
I wonder what kind of chicks would wear them. haha.
Hugs, Julia

Mevely317 said...

I don't have any cookie recipes to share but will be following to see what you decide!
PS - Those shoes would be perfect for Halloween. Maybe paired with a ratty housecoat and foam rollers in the hair. Hahaha.

Terri D said...

Go with Pam Steiner's Orange Cookies!! Good luck and dokeep us posted!!

jack69 said...

You don't need my help, I still make mud cookies, but they are all over my clothes. Love you lady, Shoes? those would be great for a costume party! Love you and always enjoy your bloglll

Great-Granny Grandma said...

Those shoes are too funny. I don't know how anyone can walk in them.
Good luck in the cookie contest. Hope you win.

CheerfulMonk said...

I'm a bust about baking because we haven't had an oven in years. :)

Ann said...

Nope, couldn't do those shoes. Those are just crazy.
I haven't baked cookies in years but all the ones I did make were pretty much tradition tried and true cookies.

Diana said...

Here in Sicily they make soft almond cookies with just almond flour, sugar and egg whites, so very simple and different from the usual chocolate chip. In the Netherlands we bake speculaas around Sinterklaas in early December, which could also work if you like warm spices. Good luck with the contest!
https://canalsandcitrus.blogspot.com

🌺 Debby/From My Shasta Home said...

Sorry I don't have any - except for my sisters sugar cookie recipe that uses powdered sugar. They melt in your mouth. I made them a few times but they crumble - hers never did so there's a learning curve I haven't mastered yet.

Oh those shoes - not for me. How funny!

photowannabe said...

I'm really not a cookie baker but I do love to eat them ... sometimes a bit too many (:0)
I hope you find the perfect recipe and win the entire contest !
Those heels are a definite NO ... but how fun to see some one's imagination at work !
Sue

Linda's Relaxing Lair said...

I wish you all the best with the cookies! I don't bake desserts at all. Those shoes...LOL!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

I like those shoes.
God bless.

Ash said...

Aha! Those shoes! I would die if I tried to walk in those.
I'm not a baker so I'm not much help!

Ash @ Essentially Ash
Click here if you want to follow me on Bookstagram, booktok, add my snapchat or check out my photography

Debbie Nolan said...

Know I don't think those shoes are for me. Let me get out my cookie recipes...I will e mail you if I find one that is easy and delicious. Have a great day friend. Hugs!

Veronica Lee said...

Those shoes gave me a laugh -- definitely not for everyday wear!
For your cookie contest, have you ever thought about trying pineapple cookies? They’re a favorite in Malaysia, buttery little bites with a sweet‑tart pineapple filling. They’re simple, melt‑in‑your‑mouth, and different enough to stand out in a U.S. contest. I think the judges would love something unique like that! Here's the link - https://rasamalaysia.com/best-ever-pineapple-cookies-pineapple-tarts/

Ruby Rose and the Big Little Angels 3 said...

good luck

Debby@Just Breathe said...

They might look cute without the rooster feet on them. I have no suggestions. I haven't baked any cookies in several years. Good luck. Thanks for the poof but I''m still tired!!!

Jennifer said...

My mind goes blank when I try to think "on the spot" but I will to think. You are looking for a Christmas cookie? Or any cookie??