"Life is lived forward, but understood backward. It is not until we are down the road and we stand on the mountain looking back through the valley that we can appreciate the terrain God has allowed us to scale.” Jill Savage

Monday, January 08, 2007

Posted by Picasa



Speaking of Paris...........

Does everyone have a Tuscany or a Paris to go to when times are rough or is it just me? I don't mean a literal place to go, although that would be nice it's hardly feasible. I mean a mental place where you can go to for a release or escape from the pressures of reality. A place when you are hurt to retreat to. A place to safely think about who you really are and where you need to go from here.

A mind retreat. A place to retreat to in your mind where you can meditate and relax. Where you can chose to think only of peaceful happy things. A place where no one can bother you. Where no one can make you feel inadequate. You are okay just like you are. You're the king or queen of your own castle. You own it. No one comes in with you who you don't personally invite to be there. You can bring in music or silence. You can do anything you're little heart desires - mentally that is. You can even picture in your mind how you want to change and how to go about doing it.

Is this just a woman's thing to fantasize like this? How or do men fantasize? I'm not that dumb, I know men probably fantasize about naked women and fill time with sport games or they go on their computers. Does that sound familiar? I mean are men deep thinkers or surface skimmers?

"Men Are From Mars and Women Are From Venus" - I forgot who wrote that book, a Dr.Gray (?) I think. Well, I couldn't agree more.

So I'm questioning this - do women have to literally go somewhere to actually fulfill their dreams OR can they have a place to dream about their lives and that be enough to bring about an actual change around? At least for my dreams, they are inside me and I carry them with me as I go.

I'm just not sure about men. I wonder at times if they even dream like we do. Or do they just fill their life with things to do to avoid dreaming?

I know women want to change - do men? Most of the men I know want to avoid change at any cost. Aren't dreams the beginning of changing?

Age has given me the gift of me, it just gave me what I was always longing for, which was to get to be the woman(person) I've already dreamt of being.-Anne Lamott

Love,

Chatty




No comments: