I need to catch up with some thank yous today!
I won her gift for her 1000th post!
She had the box filled with all wonderful things - for having tea with friends - perfect right? Now my mother's name was Rose so I especially loved the tea cup with the rose on it.
Her hubby had it packed fantastically in the box! You wouldn't believe.
Let's see - a book on friends. Three tea books. A lace doily. A shopping bag with beautiful flowers on it below. And an angel for my collection. I love angels.
See the pretty crystal vase on the right? I had no idea I would win all of this or win at all.
Isn't it sweet? Susan is a sweet gal. She called and sang to my grandson on his birthday (yes she has a great voice) and he'll never forget it!
And a lace tablecloth perfect for my dining room table - I needed one of these so bad!
THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH SUSAN!
I also received two blog awards. A lot of people don't accept them. I do. I think for me if someone sends them I should accept them - unless I already have one then it should go to another blogger. Just my thoughts.
The hardest thing is to pick others for it to go too! Because I want to give it to everyone - but when you say that no one takes it. So it's part of the job. Forgive me ahead of time.
From Jill - Chillin with Jill - I received the Blog on Fire Award: THANK YOU!
I also have to tell you seven things about me and pick bloggers.
1. My favorite color was always Kelly green - for years - but I like that new aqua color that is out now.
2. I am 5'3".
3. I am always 10 minutes late no matter how hard I try.
4. I have been staying up until midnight this summer and trying to get up at 8am.
5. I am meeting 6 blog ladies tomorrow for lunch.
6. I have my big yearly physical this Thursday and I am scared! lol
7. My favorite color on me is black.
1. Jim at Jim's Little Blog
2. Jack at Shiplog
3. Jerry As the Cracker Crumbles
4. Rob at Chrome Bear on the Range
5. Andy at The Little White House
6. Joe at Joey's Pad
7. Rick at Life out Loud
This men are all different and they are all faithful friends and they are loyal writers.
So from Diane at Southhamsdarling - I received the:
And to post 8 things about myself:
1. I am finding out how boring I am. LOL
2. I don't like to be hot! I love fans and air blowing on me.
3. In high school there were 771 students and my ranking was 71out of 771. I used to be smart.
4. I am sure I have lost some of that smartness.
5. I am very orderly. I would rather have things in order then clean.
6. I am watching Big Brother. That's bad - right?
7. I like reality TV - some of it anyway. I think the Bachlorette should have chosen Sean last week. He;s the whole package - Jean and I decided that last week.
8. My favorite movie is It's A Wonderful Life.
Know that I would give this to some friends of mine that do not accept awards so the award goes to:
1.Pam - I'm also know as Ma
2.Nikki (Sarah) Gentle Recovery
3.Eva - Illustrator
4.Betty- A Bench With A View
5.Angela-West Virginia Treasures
6. Lois - Walking on Sunshine
7.JP - At a Quiet Corner
8. Ann at Ann's Snap and Edit
9. Judy at Cranberry Morning
10. Cheri at Chez Cheri
and I could go on and on - I am so sorry I can't list everyone.
And to leave you with something fun - I got this from Jocelyn at His Pursuing Kindness (I stole it).
My four were - loyal - passionate - outgoing - sweet - what are yours?