"Life is lived forward, but understood backward. It is not until we are down the road and we stand on the mountain looking back through the valley that we can appreciate the terrain God has allowed us to scale.” Jill Savage

Thursday, January 18, 2024

THE WEDDING

 THE WEDDING

Some of the photos are mine - and some are from the photographer Hannah Dawn - she was great.


Nothing has made me happier than this in a long time.
They really seem so happy and so in love.
 




They do things differently now than in the dark ages - 50 years ago.  lol  

They take the photos before the wedding.

This is called the first look - not at the wedding, but before. 


 Such happy thoughts going on and a lot of hope for the future.



The Family.

The hubs, Chatty Crone, son, daughter (mother of grandson), another grandson, and DIL. 

I did not get a photo of both families and bride and groom - I don't think they took one.



 His grandpa was his best man.  He actually had two - the next young man as well.  Three of those young men have been his friends since 6th grade.  One from college.  One is his new BIL.


                               Walking down the aisle with her dad.




My other grandson read the Bible verses.



Beautiful Bible Verse at their wedding.




Getting Married.




Married and standing with my daughter.




                                                    Being announced as bride and groom.



                                     Cake and yes, he did dab a tiny bit on her nose.


                                                                        First dance.




Mother/son dance.



My husband won the couple married the longest - it will be 50 years May 11.





                                                                        Going away!





                                       Car decorated and they left to start their live and Mr. and Mrs.


I am sooooooooooooooooo happy for them.

Love their love for one another.

Wonderful Christian Couple.
They met in 8th grade at their Christian High School.
They have known each other about nine or ten years.
They have dated about 5 or 6.

First loves . . .for each of them.

Best wishes always kids!  And God be with you always.

x_1af5533 photo x_1af5533.gif

29 comments:

jack69 said...

Beautifully done lady. Love the visit. Seems nearly impossible that the grandson is old enough to be a man. I still see the kid in 'His Place' back in your home...
Love and the best to you and the new couple.. Congrats to you and hubby for nearly 50 years together.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Congratulations to the happy couple. Looks like a beautiful wedding. I can feel their love of each other! How wonderful, they found each other ! The verses you quoted are beautiful and say so much. May they have many happy years ahead of them. 50 years is something to celebrate for you and your husband. Congratulations to you too!

MadSnapper said...

Beautiful Bride, Beautiful Couple, Beautiful Wedding. Congratulations to the bride and groom and to their families.
I can't believe he is grown and married. he was just a little tike when we first met.

photowannabe said...

So beautiful. Their love was captured and the photos are magical.
Thanks for sharing the pics. with us.
Sue

Debby@Just Breathe said...

What a beautiful post and a lovely wedding. They look so cute together. I had no idea that they take pictures before the wedding. That is different for sure!

Ginny Hartzler said...

Thank you so much; I feel like I really attended the wedding! And you are so beautiful, your dress is perfect. They look so happy and joyful and the photos are wonderful, shots from each section of the event. I think my favorite is them being announced, so happy!!!

Jo-Anne's Ramblings said...

Such wonderful photos, they look so happy and in-love

Julia said...

Wishing all the best to the newlywed couple. They make a lovely couple and I wish them lots of happiness.
Hugs,
Julia

DUTA said...

Congrats on the wedding to the young couple, and on the 50th anniversary to the elder one!
Great looking bride and groom! Splendid wedding and photos!

Chatty Crone said...

I still remember His Place too. Oh Jack I miss him - but he grew up on me. I hope they stay in love forever too. Thanks - you have been married longer - but we are working on it.

Chatty Crone said...

They have a very deep love for each other - I have never seen the like - but I guess it is because they have been together for so long. I hope it stays that way. Thanks for the congrats too.

Chatty Crone said...

I still have to remind myself that he is not that little tyke anymore - he is young, but pretty responsible. Just had to pay $600 for his wife's brakes! Didn't complain at all. Glad they have it. Thank you.

Chatty Crone said...

Thank you Sue - it was wonderful.

Chatty Crone said...

I have heard about 3 weddings doing this now - so different than what we did - right? We thought is was bad luck.

Chatty Crone said...

Thank you Ginny - I tried to put all the steps of the day in there. I have to say I think my pantsuit did okay. They are very happy. Second day Andy got sick with the stomach flu and she was right there with him! The couples when they were announced was supposed to do something fun - they didn't all do it - but Andy and Shaye did - I am sure they were relieved when the stress was over.

Chatty Crone said...

Thank you Jo-Anne.

Chatty Crone said...

Thank you Julia - we know it is a long rode don't we?

Chatty Crone said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Red Rose Alley said...

What a beautiful wedding, Sandie. So many nice moments they shared. So, your husband was the best man? Oh my, 50 years, that is going to be golden, very special, indeed. I loved all the photos, and they are an attractive couple. My favorite is the one where he's lifting her. So sweet.

~Sheri

Mevely317 said...

I love your dress, Sandie!
Wow, the bride and groom look like they belong on the cover of a high-end wedding magazine.

Chatty Crone said...

Thank you so much - you are so sweet. They are a cute couple for sure - just like their grandparents - lol.

Chatty Crone said...

Yes Andy and his grandpa have always been deeply and I mean deeply close. So he had his grandpa and a friend be best men! I love when he lifted her too. Thank you.

Chatty Crone said...

You are so sweet. They are pretty cute.

Lowcarb team member said...

Thank you for sharing these lovely photographs.
Sending my good wishes to the newly weds and wishing them every happiness.

All the best Jan

Terri D said...

Thanks for sharing the photos with us!! They make a handsome couple and I am happy for them!! You look wonderful and I love your dress!! The setting of the wedding is gorgeous! They picked a perfect spot for the wedding!

Jim and Barb's Adventures said...

So happy for them! It is nice to see young people so much in love.

Theresa said...

Oh what a beautiful wedding! SO happy for them and all of you! Enjoy your day dear friend and best wishes for a long and happy marriage! HUGS!

Chatty Crone said...

It is truly a beautiful thing to see. :)

Chatty Crone said...

Thank you so much for that Theresa, it was a beautiful wedding! Thanks.