"Life is lived forward, but understood backward. It is not until we are down the road and we stand on the mountain looking back through the valley that we can appreciate the terrain God has allowed us to scale.” Jill Savage

Thursday, February 01, 2024

GETTING READY FOR THE WEDDING 

Getting ready for the wedding was, to me, was a lot more steps than the actual wedding.

They became engaged in March 2023.

I look back at this photo and I remember the exact day.  We were in Florida on a vacation, and he had just gotten back from the zoo.

Now, he's married.

How did that happen so fast - I just blinked for a minute?


The day he asked his sweetheart to marry him.


He had planned a surprised engagement party.

Yes, he even asked her father for permission to marry her.  

They love him and they said yes.


Her beautiful sister and friends threw a bridal shower. #1





The found the venue they wanted for the wedding, and then they went to 'taste the food' for the wedding dinner.



She said yes to the dress.



Tux fitting.
He was so serious.


Picking my outfit out.
This is what I wore.



Grandson moving from his Atlanta bachelor pad to their future apartment.  





Shower Number 2 thrown by us.






Her bachelorette party.




His bachelor party.

(Men and women are so different. LOL)


Their new apartment.




Then the wedding - of course. :)


And to live happily ever after.

x_05012ff photo x_05012ff-1.gif















18 comments:

MadSnapper said...

I can not believe all of this, it seems like just a couple of years ago he was a small boy and we were following his life on your blog and BOOM he is a married man. God bless both of them as they go through their new lives together.

Julia said...

Wow, that was quite a journey and you managed it all in one single post. They are surely a blessed couple and I wish them much happiness together.
They make such a beautiful couple.

Stay well and proud.
Hugs, Julia

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

What a happy looking couple! She was a beautiful bride and I love the outfit you choose for the wedding. Very glamorous! May they have a happy and long life together !

DUTA said...

You've got fine wedding and pre-wedding memories to remember and cherish. Your outfit in black was elegant and distinguished! The young , charming couple looked happy. May God bless them with a good married life, and all the Best things needed!

Red Rose Alley said...

Special moments to always remember. I love what he did for his bachelor party. Looks like great fun. The showers were so nice and organized. And your outfit was lovely, Sandie. Wishing them many years of joy, peace, and love together.

~Sheri

photowannabe said...

Aww thank you for showing us these wonderful memory photos. Young love...there's nothing like it.
I love your pants suit too Very flattering and comfy looking too.
Sue

Ginny Hartzler said...

I LOVED looking at your photos!!! They are such a beautiful couple! She looks like her sister. Your outfit looks both comfortable and elegant. Do they both have jobs? Her wedding dress is gorgeous.

Terri D said...

Oh, Sandie, this is such a sweet post!! Great photos of your sweet kiddos. Time does go much too fast. Hugs.

Mevely317 said...

How beautiful a couple they make! I love that sunflower cake. And their new kitchen. Wow!

acorn hollow said...

Beautiful couple they were celebrated in style.
Cathy

jack69 said...

Lady this was so sweet. And yes it does seem in a moment things whiz by. Even reading I can remember you talking about him in school. then college. WOW Yep life moves fast when we aren't looking.
But we just wanted to say we enjoyed this visit.
Love to you from NC
Sherry & jack

Betsy Banks Adams said...

How special for you and the family. I feel like I knew your grandson --and it's hard to believe how fast he has grown up... Congrats to the happy couple. What job does he have (since college)....

Great pictures. Thanks for sharing.

Hugs,
Betsy

Jo-Anne's Ramblings said...

They grow up so fast, I love weddings and still feel sad that I played no part in planning my daughters wedding and feeling so left out on the day

Debby@Just Breathe said...

What a sweet post. Thanks for sharing it with me. I loved all the photos.

Lowcarb team member said...

Oh, this is a lovely post.
They make a beautiful couple, I wish them every happiness.

All the best Jan

Chatty Crone said...

I am testing.

Chatty Crone said...

I am testing.

Red Rose Alley said...

Just sending a test comment, like you asked me to. I hope you figured it all out. : )