"Life is lived forward, but understood backward. It is not until we are down the road and we stand on the mountain looking back through the valley that we can appreciate the terrain God has allowed us to scale.” Jill Savage

Tuesday, August 13, 2024

As we go on our walk this week - in beautiful Santoria, Greece 
(we can dream, can't we?)  

.


I am crazy about trees.  I APPRECIATE trees!  I see them all the time here in GA.  I do have two problems, however.  I am either in my car and can't stop to get a photo of them.  Or secondly, when I go back to take a photo - they have cut the tree down for progress - err!  It just breaks my heart.  
(They are building like crazy here.)

Sometimes we take trees for granted.  We think a tree is just a tree - but look at this - sometimes one tree can shade a hundred people or animals from the heat!




And you know my love and appreciation for flowers - you do know it is okay to be different?


So, my question as we walk, and talk is:  Do you ever feel different?  
Do you appreciate the trees in your life?


Yes, I appreciate and love trees, flowers, nature.  They remind me of God when I see them.

Click above!  
I talk about God a lot.
I like being odd, different, and eclectic.  
I love to try new things - and if I can't physically do it for real - I think about doing them.

So those are my answers . . . 


women photo ATT00002-1.gif

13 comments:

Prims By The Water said...

Some towns here in Michigan make you plant a tree if you remove one. I think it is a food idea. We need trees. Janice

Ginny Hartzler said...

I love the gorgeous first picture! Did you know that Greece is on fire now? Yes, I am pretty different. But if we are supposed to be all the same, God would have made us all the same. So each one of us is unique. Though most of us have a longing to fit in, because we are social creatures. I love trees and flowers and hate to see them cut down! I won't even cut a flower to take inside.

Mari said...

I love trees and am always sad to see them cut down, especially when it's to add another development.
I love that FB clip. Made me laugh out loud!

Terri D said...

We had the best Maple Tree in our backyard when I was growing up. It provided shade, beautiful colors in the fall, it was climbable, and was perfect for reading Nancy Drew away from everyone, up in the branches. The old live oaks here in Florida are massive and majestic. Yes, I love trees!! And it is definitely fine to be different!! xo

MadSnapper said...

my childhood home had three huge pecan trees, one was the large paper shell and the others were the small hard shells. they gave us shade and food. I too, love trees. the way they look and feel and the bark. and especially to look at them. I enjoyed the trees with people and sheep under them, and they are not even real trees. even pictures of trees are wonderful.

Mevely317 said...

Having lived in the desert Southwest so long, I love Alabama's trees. The Ponderosa pines which populated my childhood were endless sources of entertainment -- climbing (no fear!) to weaving bracelet loops from the long needles. Thanks for helping me resurrect these memories, dear Sandie!

PS - That clip is so funny!

photowannabe said...

Sandie, I just love your post this time. Lots of things to think about.
I too love trees. Love the birds that land in them too and even the fall, falling leaves.
Hate to see them cut down for "progress".
Love the clip you showed. I like to be part of the crowd but do enjoy my times to shine too.
Sue

Sandi said...

That photo from Greece is AMAZING!

Kay G. said...

I LOVE trees! In Georgia, it seems they are cutting them all down. My husband and I like to walk and it makes such a difference to walk in the SHADE!

Red Rose Alley said...

Oh, that photo of Santoria is so pretty. I've always wanted to visit Greece. That tree is huge! Look how many people it is shading! And I love that picture of the field of pink flowers and the one single white one. I often think I'm different from others too. And like you said, "that's Ok!" Great post, Sandie. I am leaving with a smile. : )

~Sheri

DUTA said...

It's hard to imagine anyone not liking trees. I like them a lot, the older the better as they've seen many people pass by them, and many events happen in front of them. Of course, I much appreciate the shadow offered to us by the trees.

acorn hollow said...

I love trees also birches are my favorite. And I enjoy flowers so much.
I love that picture with all the people under it.

Abby said...

I do appreciate trees! They have lives all their own, and don't need people as much as we need them.
I often feel different from mainstream, and am totally okay with that.