"Life is lived forward, but understood backward. It is not until we are down the road and we stand on the mountain looking back through the valley that we can appreciate the terrain God has allowed us to scale.” Jill Savage

Tuesday, August 20, 2024

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY SON AUGUST 20

 HAPPY BIRTHDAY SON

49 YEARS OLD - I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU ARE ALMOST 50 YEARS OLD.  

WITH SOME GRAY IN YOUR HAIR - AND BEARD.

I mean I am only 39.

 I REMEMBER THE VERY DAY YOU WERE BORN.  I WAS SO THRILLED.

You were 8 pounds 7 ounces - but very loud.  I had you C section and when the nurse came out with you, she was rushing you to the scales to weigh you - she said you must be huge to be that loud.  All the men in the waiting room were scared it was theirs.  

You really weren't that big - but you were a true 10-month baby, and you were very mature.

You were due July 4 - and even if the date was off - you were late!

They found out through blood work that your placenta was dying, and it was time to be born!

This of course was back in the olden days of medicine.

You had such chubby cheeks!

                                             

This was your car seat in those days.

I took you all around the house with me - this day I was cleaning the bathroom.  You looked worried to me.



You were such a happy baby.

         You weren't afraid of anything.

 

Getting to the teenage years.

Now you have a son of your own - you have been the best father ever (except for yours of course.)


Gray beard!





 I am very proud of the man you have become, and I grateful to call you son.
Next year 50!




x_5c59c1d photo x_5c59c1d.gif

14 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

He is a doctor? Does he live near you? What a story! Happy birthday to him! You gave me a laugh saying all the dads were afraid he might be theirs!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

What a sweet post. Happy 49th Birthday to your son! He is very handsome. I enjoyed all the photos you shared.

Red Rose Alley said...

Happy Birthday to your son.....and he is a handsome man, and sounds like a great guy. Isn't that something that he wasn't afraid of things, like that rabbit or fox that was embracing him haha. That is a really nice family photo. And I love that picture of you and him, such a treasure.

Well, another thing we have in common.....Nel was two weeks overdue, and the placenta was getting old, and they wanted to get her out and see the world! So, they induced labor for me, but no C section. A natural birth.

What a wonderful post to honor your son on his special day. I really enjoyed hearing about him through the years, up until today. : )

~Sheri

Chez Cheri said...

Happy Birthday to your son!

Mari said...

Happy Birthday to your handsome son! I enjoyed the photos and the memories! Our oldest is 41 and that's hard to believe too!

DUTA said...

An adorble baby and an adorable adult! Happy Birthday to your 49 year old son! Wishing him many more great years to come! You wrote a very fine post to honor his 49 th anniversary!

Mevely317 said...

What a great tribute ... both words and photos! Happy Birthday blessings to your handsome 'boy'!

MadSnapper said...

Happy Birthday to your handsome son. I like the family shot at the restaurant. everyone was there.

Terri D said...

Happy birthday to your dear son!!

photowannabe said...

Sons are the best. Happy 49 to yours. Love all the photos and the story of his birth. Our youngest is 50, soon to be 51 in October. How do they get to be so "Adult"? Older son is 56..now I really feel old, proud but old.
Sue

chocolatecovereddaydreams.blogspot.com said...

I'm a day late but I loved the birthday tribute. How can we be getting older? I think our children age and we, well, we just slide around based on how we feel each day! What a remarkable life he has from the very beginning. I think the big bad wolf would've sent me running but there he is, smiling. Happy birthday to your son!!

Shug said...

Such a great post honoring you son. I hope he enjoyed his special day. My oldest daughter is 49 and seems like she should only be in here 20's. Time passes by fast. He is a handsome man and I know you are super proud of him...

Inger said...

What a lovely post honoring your son. I'm so glad to reconnect with you.

Terra said...

That is a fun photo journey about your son. My sons are in their 40s too. Yet you and I are only 39. How can that be?