"Life is lived forward, but understood backward. It is not until we are down the road and we stand on the mountain looking back through the valley that we can appreciate the terrain God has allowed us to scale.” Jill Savage

Tuesday, August 27, 2024

AUGUST 27 Grateful Journal

Gratefulness

I have kept a grateful journal now for around 30 years.  It's hard to believe, but it's true.  I have written down 5 things a day - every day - day in and day out.   I write my gratefulness to Jesus - things I feel He has given me or things I appreciate that He gave me or miracles I have experienced or what I call God Winks.                    I know some of the things I see are nothing short of gifts from God.



Now in the 30 years I have written some pretty silly things.  On days that I am down - On days that something sad has happened - On days that I've had an argument with my family - On days I am in a hurry - these are the days I have the hardest time putting something grateful down - but I do it anyway!! Even if it is something simple as I woke today.  I could walk down the stairs.  I have my health today...



Most days I can find 5 things to be positive for.  It's easy.  A call from my child or friend.  Getting a bill settled I thought I had to pay.  A good test report.  The flowers outside.  Seeing the moon God made.  Colors.  Anything I see that I can take a breath and thank God for is a blessing and I am grateful to Him.  Music.  Art. The Bible.



AND I AM THANKFUL FOR YOU!


“To live a life fulfilled reflect on the things you have with gratitude.”

—Jaren L. Davis

Now the most important thing and I almost forgot to tell you.

Keeping this type of journal will help you.  I am a much happier person, and I don't let others bring me down.  I am closer to God!

That will go in my book today,

They sell these books on Amazon starting at about $6 or you can just use what you have.  

I hope you try it.



Something to smile about - 


                                           

Who Knew?

Spray your TUPPERWARE with nonstick cooking spray before pouring in
tomato based sauces and there won't be any stains. I do this all the
time and it works great!!

Thought for the day - 


                                                                LET YOURSELF SHINE

What is one thing you are grateful for today???


x_a4f395f photo x_a4f395f.gif

PS These photos and memes are not mine.  If they are yours and you want credit for it - please leave me a comment and I will give you the credit for sure - because I do love all these photos.

18 comments:

Sparky said...

I agree. There is a LOT to be grateful thanks to God's mercy, grace, and His salvation through Jesus Christ. Also, friends, protection, etc. There's so much.
And now I can also be thankful for the advice on spraying the plastic containers first before putting anything acidic in them. Good deal! I'm gonna do just that. Thanks.
Have a great day. 💙

Mevely317 said...

Thank you for beginning my day with a full heart! I'm going to accept your challenge, starting this morning.
... and now I need to check the pantry to make sure we've some non-stick spray. That's a great tip!

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I've been doing the same but not as long as you have. I keep my list on going in my blog. Every day I list 3 things I'm thankful for. Right now I'm thankful we got some rain this morning! Being grateful for what you have seems to increase the things that there are to be thankful for. Thanks for sharing your story ! I'm grateful for friends like you !

MadSnapper said...

thanks for the tip, I ruin my bowls all the time... that is a good accomplishment to do this for so many years.

Mari said...

I love this idea. I have a sign in my home that says "there is always something to be thankful for". I have found that even in hard times, you can look and find a way that God has blessed you. Writing them down would help you remember and let you look back. Thanks for the idea. And also the idea to spray the tupperware!

photowannabe said...

Beautiful... I used to do this in a notebook too. Haven't done it faithfully for a few years. I wonder why I stopped. It might have something to do with the computer's allure and writing things on my blog. I am going to take up the challenge again starting today!!
Love the images you found and am glad we are blog friends too.
Sue

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Seriously you do that everyday. I am so impressed. I need to do that. I haven't been happy for awhile now, lots of anxiety and depression. I need to change that. Thank you so much for sharing this. God Bless You.
I like that idea of spraying the tupperware.

Red Rose Alley said...

Oh, I loved this post today, Sandie. You are such a grateful person, and it shows in so many of your ways. The gratitude journal sounds wonderful. Can't believe you've kept one for 30 years! Do you have them all, or just toss them when you start writing in a new one? I do have journals that I write in, and it's been awhile since I wrote an entry and have been wanting to do that. Nel keeps a gratitude journal, and she is happier for it. I love that tree with the colors swirling all around. And that little ostrich is so cute and funny. And you know how much I love the last one, "this little light of mine." Thank you for your friendship, Sandie, and I am grateful for YOU!

~Sheri

Terri D said...

I really enjoyed your post, Sandie!! What a great thing to do. I kind of use my blog for the same thing. It helps to put thoughts and cares in writing, for sure. I have thrown away so many Tupperware bowls because of the nasty stains. Now I know your trick!! Hugs!!

Ginny Hartzler said...

You are so right!!! This is training your mind to concentrate only on what we have, and not on bad things. I taught a lesson at church once that I wrote up on how being thankful brings us joy. You are so faithful with this!!!

Prims By The Water said...

That's a long time to keep a journal and kudos to your keeping it up. We all need to be grateful at times. Janice

acorn hollow said...

I have started a gratitude journal many times, but I always skip too many days.
But on a good note, before I lay my head down each night, I go over all that I am thankful for. My list is long my blessings are many
cathy

Shug said...

Sandie....I sure enjoyed this post....So very uplifting. I too journal every single day and by doing so, it has brought me out of a shell. I was once a very shy person, but now...I am more confident and I think it is just from writing and journaling. You are always so sweet with comments you liege on my post and I so much appreciate that. I like the little books and I'm going to check them out on amazon. thank you for this post..

Kay G. said...

Grateful for so many things. Thanks for reminding me. x

Theresa said...

I have a grateful jar but the journal sounds like a great idea. Thanks for the Tupperware tip! Have a blessed day dear friend, HUGS!

Inger said...

I think gratitude is very important, when I pray, it is from gratitude. I have at times kept a gratitude journal, but I don't now.

DUTA said...

No doubt, a gratitude journal ,makes one a better person; fills the soul with love and joy for God and fellowmen. Kudos to you for the patience and dedication regarding this great subject of gratitude!

Susan Kane said...

I am thankful for my husband, John. We are in our 70s now, and realize the time ahead of us grows shorter. we have been married for 51 years, only by the Grace of God.