"Life is lived forward, but understood backward. It is not until we are down the road and we stand on the mountain looking back through the valley that we can appreciate the terrain God has allowed us to scale.” Jill Savage

Tuesday, October 01, 2024

October 1 ARE YOU REPURPOSED?

Amazing World On top of the stairs in Pico Da Tijuca, Rio De Janeiro, Brazil

 
ANYONE GOING WITH ME?



I have been thinking again - lol.  So many of us are aging - including myself.  When I was younger, I thought a lot differently than I do now.  I used to run the family - raise the kids and all that encompassed - pastor - grocery shopper - chef - doctor - cook - bottle warmer - laundress- seamstress - you know how it goes. 

Change happened.

Then as the kids got older, I went to work and still ran the house.  

Changed happened.

Next, the kids went off to college and I had to take care of my dear mom.  

Change happened.

No sooner than my mom passed, I helped raise my grandson for 20+ years.

Change happened.

I still have the house to clean - laundry to do - things to cook.  But, no kids, no job as I have retired. I do keep pretty busy however with different things I have created to do in my life.  The blog helped a lot - I go to a few group activities - bible studies - and now I am learning to cook all from scratch again since I haven't done it for years for my new 'live it' lifestyle to lose weight which I am still doing slowly. SLOWLY!  Actually, my hubs has joined in the bandwagon and we are learning together.

Change Will happen again. 

I do know in the future I am going to have to repurpose myself yet again for another stage of life.  Woo-boy that might be a tough one.  You never know what is going to happen - but you have to have FAITH!

Some interesting items that were invented for one purpose have been repurposed for other things:

Coke - was originally invented as an alternative to morphine addiction and to treat headaches and relieve anxiety.  Now it is a drink that gives you a ZIP!

Play-doe was first invented in 1930 to be a wallpaper cleaner for homes that used coal for heating.  To get the soot off the walls.  They made it non-toxic and whalla - we have play-doe.

Obviously, that is life.


Have you ever had to reinvent yourself?  What have or do you do now that you did not even do before?

You are never too old to reinvent yourself.

Change is hard at first, messy in the middle, and gorgeous at the end.


Helpful Hint:

Use vertical strokes when washing windows outside and horizontal for
inside windows. This way you can tell which side has the streaks..
Straight vinegar will get outside windows really clean. Don't wash
windows on a sunny day. They will dry too quickly and will probably
streak.


dog photo snoopydancinggif.gif 

 ALL CREDIT FOR PHOTOS GOES TO THE RESPECTIVE OWNERS

Hurricane Helene has hit hard - we were safe - but it devastated other areas. Let's pray for the people.


1 comment:

Mevely317 said...

What a splendid retrospective, Sandie! You've no idea how much this resonates with 74-year old Repurposed Me.
If and when I finally get around to washing my windows, I'm going to remember this helpful hint.
I hope you're enjoying a great day ... hugs!