When the whole world is running towards a cliff, - he who is running in the opposite direction appears to have lost his mind. C.S.Lewis

Wednesday, August 05, 2026

AUGUST 5 "THE SAGA OF TWO EMAILS"

 

My Saga of Two Emails - 

I found out a couple months ago that Comcast was getting rid of their email service on December 31, 2026 (or so I thought) and that they would join up with Yahoo.

You were supposed to get an invitation from them to do this starting 06/25.

My daughter and I had not received an invitation yet.

Now this is my fault. I'm not a procrastinator and I was impatient.

I went to the Comcast office, and I called Comcast to ask for help, to no avail.

Problem is we had Comcast for 35 years - we don't have them now, because our subdivision only has AT&T.  We are only using Comcast's email.

I talked my daughter into changing over to Gmail.  It made so much sense.  

No Big Deal I would just have two emails for the time being.

MY OLD ONE WOULD END IN DECEMBER 2026

AND MY NEW ONE - WOULD BECOME MY PERMANENT ONE

Then I did something STUPID.  

I connected the two emails - but how did I do this?

I added the new address to this Google Account Page.

DO NOT DO THIS! 




You think this looks simple. You just pick one or the other?
Not that simple.

It has made two blogs somehow and when I go to post a comment it goes to the Gmail account and I really do not have a Gmail Blog.
Therein lies my problem. 

(Google took my blog over!  Not just the blog, but on other accounts too.)

That has messed me up.

I can't even really explain it. 

(My daughter did not 'connect' hers together and she is fine.)

I am sad, frustrated, and mad. 

 I asked Sandra at Madsnapper and she said I was in a big

MESS!


  I'm going to take August off blogging and reading. 
I just can't seem to get my act together to do everything I need to do.  
I need to figure things out first. 
Then I need to send all my files over from Comcast to Gmail.  
Next change all my accounts that have a Comcast Address to my Gmail Address.
Then try to figure out my blog.


 skcz@comcast.net 

czosek.s@gmail.com

I HAVE TWO EMAILS!  



And I have two names.

3 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

O.K. this is really hard for me to even understand. So I can't imagine how you ever managed it! But I am sorry for all your trouble, you may have to ask tech support. But wait, isn't your grandson an expert on this stuff??

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I am so sorry to hear this. What a mess. I pray you get it all figured out soon. Sending hugs and prayers. (((HUGS)))

Ann said...

Sorry this happened. This is the kind of thing that stresses me out. Hope you can get it all figured out